rich boy's issues

beau.

My eyes follow Jordyn as she saunters off the other way. The little vexing thing is not terrible enough to look at, she's actually quite attractive, that is until she opens her mouth to give everyone in her vicinity a massive headache with her infinite satire. How can so much attitude reside in a girl like that? You'd think with the somewhat captivating blue-green eyes and the warm smile she'd be quiet and timid. But no, that sweet combination is a lying facade to disguise the royal pain in the ass she really is. Exactly like my sister. It's no surprise they found such companionship with each other.

I shake my head to clear the foolish thoughts of the blonde beauty with a feisty temper before I meet a few of my mates to go get lunch off campus. There's absolutely no doubt in my mind that it'll end up being some shitty joint that doesn't check IDs. One of the downfalls of living in the states: I have to wait another 4 years before I can legally drink; whereas, in London I can do whatever the hell I want in regards to alcohol next year.

A group of rambunctious idiots are yelling trying to talk over one another in the back parking lot.

"Clemonte!" Luke bellows. His real name is Jamie, but he prefers to go by his middle name because he "doesn't want to be named after a chick". His words, not mine. So whenever we feel like it, we'll mock him with the use of his name just to get a good rise out of him.

"Jamie!" I respond, which earns me a scowl and a middle finger.

"That's your name, isn't it, Jamie?" Blaine eggs him on, making Luke's scowl deepen. I met Blaine through soccer and I had a few classes with him when I first moved here from London. We haven't always been friends, in fact, in my first year of school in America we fought. I can't remember over what, he probably looked at me funny. Yet, 5 years later, I consider him one of my closest friends.

When he's within arm's reach, I slap him on the back of his head. "No shit, really?"

Jake is too silent. Usually the guy is laughing and bantering with us, but he's been fairly quiet since I got here. Normally, you can't get the guy to shut up.

"Hey where were you this morning? I saw your car, but you weren't in first period," Luke inquires.

I shrug and shove my hands in my pockets. This sudden winter cold did not come to play. "I was talking to Serenity. She swore we needed to talk even though I already said all I needed to say to her."

Blaine laughs and shoves me aside. "God, you're never able to shake that girl are you?"

"Nope. She's always coming back for more."

"So what happened this time?"

"I basically told her to fuck off and she got all mad. But what did she expect after telling me the same thing the other day?"

"She saw you talking to some other girl the other day. You had it coming man."

"I wasn't even flirting with her. If Serenity sees me talking to a female that's not her, she gets mad. Come on, she got pissed off when I was talking to my sister, my sister."

Luke and Blaine laugh while Jake could not look more disinterested. I'm going to need to ask him about that on our way to grab lunch.

"That chick is something else. You couldn't choose someone, I don't know, less batshit crazy?"

"She gives decent blow. I wouldn't assume you knuckleheads know much about that department considering you haven't gotten laid in months."

"Oh I know you're not talking to me," Blaine retorts with indignation.