the sex act

I can feel my social battery draining by the minute. There's one of two solutions to that dilemma: I pack it up and take my happy ass home or I get drunk, tipsy at best. And although my motivation to socialize is dissipating with the music, I don't particularly feel like ending the night here.

So after party here I come.

Once we all collectively decide to take off, the limo is parked outside waiting for us. It's not like we'll miss much else anyway, everyone is already starting to trickle out for the most part, either to get some rest or to carry on with the night.

I turn around to do one last scan of the outskirts of the building. I haven't seen Beau since he stalked off earlier and a part of me was starting to fill with worry. Knowing I had something to do with his sudden detachment without actually intending for things to go that way stirred guilt in me. Aside from our fight, we were actually getting along well and it's my fault that the dynamic was so quick to change. A joking comment I shouldn't have made struck a chord with him I didn't even know he had. And now I feel terrible for it.

"Jo!" Kat calls out to my still figure perched on the steps.

I turn around and she gestures for me to hurry up. I give one last look back and give up. 

With a weak sigh, I climb into the air conditioned limo and sit in the corner furthest away from the door. 

"Where's Beau?"Sophie asks with a puzzled look.

I shrug my shoulders nonchalantly. "I don't know, I haven't seen him."

"You okay?" she mouths.

I nod before allowing my eyes to flutter shut. Worrying about him will do me no good. He's old enough to make his own decisions. Do as he pleases. I shouldn't stress over what the hell he's doing. Not that I even care that much anyway.

A gust of numbing cold wind sweeps past my ankles and feet. I open my eyes again in time to see the door being whisked open for two faceless figures. One leans down to turn out to be Blaine. And I don't even have to see the other to know who it is.

Beau slides in beside me with a smile on his face, too goofy to even pass as natural. The slightest whiff of him is all it takes to reveal the pungent smell of alcohol.

I look over at Blaine who's being fanned off by a fed up Sophie. I'm guessing he's not too far off from Beau's risky state. I lean over to Beau and tilt my head up a bit to be able to reach his ear. "Are you drunk?" I don't even have to ask, but it'd be nice if he just admitted to the truth for once.

He looks at me as if I'm the one who's acting a fool. "Noooo," he drawls out in a suspicious voice.

I lean back and huff. 

There's no reasoning with him whatsoever. If he would've gotten caught, everyone would've gone fucking ballistic trying to find where he got whatever substance he took. They would have swept the entire place. Starting with the fucking limo. With the evidence of our pre party still lurking in it. All of our asses would have been done because of his and Blaine's reckless actions.

But of course, he's a selfish fucker who only looks out for himself and his impulses. That's nothing new.

He leans over so he's body is propped on my shoulder. "Aw, don't be mad at me blondie," he mewls as his face faces up to me with a pout.

One thing I've learned about babysitting inebriated dumbasses like him is to ignore them until they find entertainment elsewhere. It works most of the time. So instead of pushing his heavy body away, I turn away simply acting as if he's not there.