epilogue I

One year later...

jordyn.

"You're gonna be the death of me, you know that?" Beau chuckles.

I grab both sides of his face, squishing them into a silly pout. "We'll see about that after our first couple weeks in the apartment," I tease, brushing our noses together before sending him off to finish taking the last suitcase downstairs.

It's official, we finally have our own place together.

It's no giant house. Although that was an option when we were looking at where we wanted to live, I didn't want to ask our parents for so much. They offered to pay our way through college and let us have our own place at that. It was already so much to ask of them. So we both discussed it and decided on a nice studio apartment in the heart of London close to our universities. It worked out fine, the area was nice, we had everything we needed basically right outside our door, and the space we had was great. Two bedrooms, a living room that the open kitchen space overlooks, the washer and dryer were in our apartment which I found really exciting because I wouldn't have to leave elsewhere to do our laundry.

Besides, we didn't need a huge place for only the two of us to live in. That'll change in a few years, we hope.

I was only taking a few things from my bedroom, clothes and memorabilia made up almost all of it. Everything else such as the furniture was shopped for in London so all we have to do is be there in time for the movers to pick up and bring everything to our apartment.

Way easier said than done by the way. The couches and beds are going to be set up for us, but every other box has to be unpacked and assembled ourselves.

Well, not just ourselves.

"Jo!" my mom yells out from downstairs. This past week, she's been stressed as hell. Always checking that our flights are in order, asking me daily if I've got everything I need as if I can't just buy it over there, my dad says she's barely even gotten any sleep and I wholly believe that. Yeah, I'm stressed about the whole moving process, but not nearly as much as my mom.

Given that she'll have no problem snapping at anyone anytime things aren't going as planned, she's got this place in tip-top shape. Everyone has what they need to do in mind. She's running us like her own little army and honestly, I wouldn't expect anything less. Her seventeen year old daughter is moving across the entire fucking globe and she just wants the transition to be as smooth-sailing as possible.

I jog down the stairs, nodding to Kat who's going upstairs. "Be careful," she warns, "Mom's especially brutal today,"

Her eyebrows raise, hinting. Oh god, family vacation Mom is out.

Now I know to approach carefully. Family vacation Mom is never a good time. She's irritable, always gets mad about minor inconveniences, I'm shaking at the thought of even talking to her. I reluctantly pop my head into the living room.

I spot my mother cradling Piggy in her arms and ordering my dad and Beau around with the infinite amount of suitcases waiting in the living room. For old time's sake, Sophie had a sleepover at our house and we didn't want Mariella to be all alone at their house so she took the spare bedroom downstairs. My parents were more than happy to have her stay over as they've formed a pretty good relationship through mine and Sophie's friendship. They're going with us to help us move in and see their hometown for a while, so they brought their luggage in Sophie's car. However, we're all taking two rental SUVs to the airport so all those bags have to be moved.

Luckily for the rest of us, Beau and my dad are put in charge of keeping track of our luggage and Sophie's entire fucking closet. Seriously, it baffles me how a one-week trip will convince her that she needs at least three outfits planned for each day. I fucking know she is the type to bring ten pairs of underwear on a weekend vacation.