arrogant rich boys

beau.

As soon as Jo and I sit down, she's off talking to Jake. Fucking predictable. She doesn't even give it five minutes before she's practically trying to hop on his dick. By the way they're making it so painfully obvious they're flirting, he may as well be fucking her right here and now.

I don't give a fuck what she did before we made this deal, but now I'm concerned for the deal she made.

The universe is clearly making a point tonight. I realize that as Blaine points out Serenity and her friends talking a few feet away. Luckily for me, they haven't noticed us yet, but I'm pretty fucking solid it won't benefit mine and Jo's 'relationship' to see her flirting with some other guy.

Geez, and I thought I was the one with the lack of self-control here. Meanwhile my pretend-girlfriend may as well be sucking my best friend's dick. Jake's just as much in the wrong as she is; real or not real he still thinks Jo's my girlfriend and he's still entertaining her bullshit. What the fuck happened to bro code?

"Beau! Goddamn are you deaf?" Blaine pushes my shoulder, snapping me out of it.

"Deaf to whatever you have to say, yeah," I retort.

He shoots me a glare. "Fine be like that. I was going to tell you something about the game next Friday but since you don't care..." he trails off.

"What is it?"

He huffs. "Fine if you insist." Blaine takes another melodramatic sigh. "Remember that player for St. Lawrence? The one that coach kept warning us about?"

"Preston?"

"Yeah, him. Well turns out he'd been taking steroids since he was like 14 and all loads of other crap. The real kicker? The idiot left his locker unlocked and the janitor fucking found the shit in plain sight. The fucking janitor!" Blaine sits there laughing his ass off while I try to begin to process what the fuck he just told me. Preston was always aggressive with other players, but I didn't think anything other than poor sportsmanship and bad coaching. The boy was lightning fast and could kick a soccer ball better than anyone on the field, I guess that explains why.

"Holy shit, man, so what happened with him?"

"Like hell I know. They'll probably take him to court and put him on house arrest or something."

"Just a slap on the wrist? I guess being the mayor's son has its perks."

"It sure does. Better for us though, they just lost the one thing they had going for them. Now I'm not religious but all I'm saying is this is the man upstairs' magic working. We're destined for that win."

"Fuck yeah. And the one after that and the next one and the next one all the way to the championships."

"That's what I'm talking about!" Blaine cheers and claps me on the back.

After our moment of excitement, I look back up at Jo and annoyance starts to bubble up again. Glancing over at Jake, he seems to be giving her some pouty-eyed look, just overall complete bull. I'll never wrap my head around why someone as smart as Jo fell for this guy's pathetic charms. I love him to death, don't get me wrong, but the way he plays with girls is so fucked. I'm not excusing myself by any means, but I always let a girl know of my intentions. There's not gray-area, there's no confusion, it's straight out. Jake on the other hand will do the most to get a girl to fall for him and then toss her aside like nothing. It's just how he is. He toys with them. I tell it like it is.

I thought for sure Jo would be able to catch onto that. But now, she's like every other dumbass girl that falls for his act.

Jake notices me staring and shoots me a glare. What the fuck is his issue? I'm not the one outright flirting with his best friend's girl. I watch as his gaze shifts back to Jo's with a sneaky little sparkle in his eyes. Fucking hell.