fast and furious

jordyn.

The party scene is no stranger to me. When I first moved to LA, I really only met people through parties. Aside from all the alcohol, drugs, and sex to be found lurking around those functions, it's enjoyable if you know how to talk to people. Plus it's just a great way to let loose, break away from that mask you're expected to put on in front of authoritative figures. You're free from judgment to an extent because, let's face it, these things are pretty shallow. The only people that really go are the ones just looking for a good time.

I won't sit here and act all holy and above everyone else either. I've had my rare sloppy moments where I've drank a little too much. I've snuck away with a boy to make out for a bit. Overall, I'm just being an average teenager. And there's nothing wrong with that. It isn't often I dabble in reckless activities like that. I'm guessing tonight isn't going to be one of those rare nights.

Admittedly, yes, I put a little more effort in my appearance tonight than I usually would. Having the knowledge that Jake was going to be there may or may not have influenced that decision.

It's not like I'll be talking to him all that much. Even though he'll be sitting right across from me, I'll be stuck playing couple with that prideful son of a bitch who insists I speak not one word to Jake or any other guy for that matter. Beau's afraid I'll "blow our cover" out of spite so of course he just wants me to sit by his side, keeping my mouth all closed and pretty just for him. The narcissism never ceases to shock me.

My hair hangs loosely down my back, straight and sleek. The light brown shades I've dusted onto my eyelids makes my blue-green eyes appear bigger, more vibrant. The color of my eyes changes slightly with whatever color I'm wearing so I chose a light pink sweater to make the blue pop. Black is always my go-to color, but I wanted to try something new tonight.

It's 8:30 and still no sign of Beau. No text, no call, radio silence. The last thing he sent me was to be ready and that was at 7. I am ready, now where the fuck is he? What does he really have to do anyways? Get a sweatshirt, slap some gel on his head is all he really does. I highly even doubt he does it himself, he probably has a personal hairstylist to do that shit for him. Does he even pick out his own outfit?

I get his text around 20 minutes later, practically pushing 9 o'clock. It's a simple 2 words, nothing more.

BEAU: I'm outside.

I push aside my annoyance for his clear lack of punctuality and run downstairs. Just before I can get to the front door, my mom stops me.

"Jo, where are you going this late?" she inquires.

"I'm just going to a small get together," I lie. I know this party is anything but.

My mom's eyebrow raises questionably. "With whom?"

"Sophie's brother. Beau, remember?" If I'd have said Sophie, my mom would run out that door faster than I can to go check up on her 3rd daughter. So in this case, the truth is better than the lie.

Her face goes shocked. "Why are you with him? I know how that boy is, Jordyn," she warns.

I laugh it off. "Mom, it's not like that. Sophie organized this thing so she's stuck there and can't give me a ride."

"There's no one else?" She wears a desperate look on her face. Believe me, I'm just as desperate to not do this, but I still haven't seen progress with Jake and well this...this is an opportunity that'd be idiotic to pass up.

I shake my head. Reluctantly she lets me go and reminds me of my 2 am curfew, which I almost always follow through on. On the off-chance I don't, I always let her know.