Wherever You Go, I Go.

It's been almost a week since I last saw him.

From that day, Nat has been picking up and dropping me off every single day, Juts to know whether I safely reached my workplace or not.

I couldn't ask for more. No one knows what I'm going through.

Yes, I could go to the police. But the only bullsh*t that I will have to face is the lack of evidence.

I would have turned him in long before I found out about his true colours. Let's just say I wasn't brave back then. Thinking about moving here to California gave me the spirit that I need to build as soon as I knew this was wrong. But I guess changing my real identity was not enough.

I didn't see Jonathan for the past week as well. All I knew is that Cooper Inc's throwing an enormous ball for their new merging and cooperation with "Zala Enterprises". All I knew about it was they were all fashion based and they were having a fashion show as a thank you and welfare of both parties.

And of course, I was invited.

Nat strictly forbids me from going there alone. And I have to follow her instructions. Whether I like it or not, I never ever want to go back to where I came from. And now knowing that Roger is here? I know he only has one purpose, bringing me back to him and my old life. Getting beaten every day, fighting, crying, and having yourself stripped in front of his friends. Nothing is worse than being alone in a situation like this.

Suddenly I realise that I'm at my office, doodling on some papers I was working on. I can't let this affect my work. I have to stay focused.

-----Beep beep-----

"You working?" I got a text from Nat.

I think so. Why? I reply.

"My car broke down out of nowhere an hour ago. I will pick you up. Just don't come out of your building till I say. So, you got it?"

"Got it, Be safe okay?" I text back.

"XOXO."

Great.

Just as I was about to put my phone down, I come across the conversation with "who I thought was Jonathan", but was not.

Well, He did nothing, and I knew I owe him an apology.

I stand up, gather my paperwork, and walk out of my office.

--------------

"Hey, Is Mr Ramsey available right now?" I ask Mai.

He is. You only have 5 minutes with him, though. He has a meeting in 10 minutes with the Accounting Executives.

I won't take long, I reply.

I go across the corridor to the elevator. I push the button for the 14th floor and I wait till I get there.

The elevator stops at 6.

My heart pounds, but at the same time, I know no one can get into this building without a security check and the employee pass everyone has to wear.

The elevator door swings open and I see Ethan Cooper getting in.

Good morning, Mr Cooper.

Morning, Ms May.

As soon as he gets in, I get the f*cking amazing hint of the fragrance of mint and lime. It was coming from Ethan.

It's hot today, Isn't it? He says, while removing his coat. I land my eyes on him, as I see his masculine body through his white, grey striped shirt. He loosens his tie a little and folds up his sleeves.