Dinner Date.

I go back to my place and sit on the couch, taking out a bottle of wine from the kitchen. What the fuck did I just see? It can't be. She won't do any of this. I mean, I must be overthinking, right? This can't be possible.

I guess there was only one way to find out.

I take out my phone from my pocket and search for Mrs Polinski, Nat's mother.

I dial her number, and I place the phone on my ear.

The ring tones, and after a few seconds, Nat's mother picks up.

"Hello?"

"Mrs Polinski, Hi. How are you?"

"Oh, Angelica? What a surprise! How are you, dear?"

"I'm fine. You know the usual, working, coming back and working again."

"Haha, that's how life is, my dear."

"Well, I just wanted to ask if you were okay. Nat told me you weren't feeling that well."

I couldn't believe what I heard next. All I could think about was the time when I first met Nat. I was feeling fucked about myself. All I was going was smoking and drinking in an alley on a bench. She took me in without having a second opinion when I had nowhere to go.

And now? This?

"What did I ever do to you, Nat? I think to myself."

---- A few hours Later ----

I wear my earring and a hot red one-piece for the date. Looking at myself in the mirror at this position was not something I wanted. I still couldn't believe she would lie to me. And the guy? Who the hell was he and why was Nat giving him money?

I know she doesn't have brothers or a friend looking like, well, a hipster. So the big question is, who the fuck was he?

I go into deep thinking, totally ignoring the doorbell.

"Angelica? You okay?" I hear a man's voice coming from downstairs.

I rush downstairs and see Jonathan looking for me. I see a bouquet in his hands and oh, he was looking so good. His suit fit him perfectly. His body was something as if its sole purpose was to treat him with utmost care and, well, love. He looks at me from my bottom to the top.

"You.. Ahem... You look beautiful." He says.

I divert my eyes while I blush under his voice.

"Thanks, you don't look so bad yourself," I say.

"Is everything okay? I didn't mean to break into your house. But I was getting no response, so I just thought... You know what? You're here. That's what matters to me," Jonathan stated.

"Something bad happened to me, huh? What if I was with another guy? Bottle blowing you off." I mock, gazing deep into his eyes, looking for an answer.

He speaks nothing. Jonathan walks towards me, sits on the floor and smoothly lifts one of my legs. He kisses my toes and slides his tongue through my feet, all of them to my thigh, lifting my dress up a bit. He stops in between.

Jonathan looks up to me with an, 'I got to have you know look'.

"You and I both know that's never going to happen." He says.

"Why..is that?" I ask.

"Because you can't deny the feelings, you have for me. Even if you do, you fucking know what you'll want more in the end and come back to me."

Fuck it. He knows how to play my game. He comes back up and faces me directly.

"There's a difference, though." He says.

"That is."

"I wouldn't let you go anywhere myself."

I stand there, not moving my body. This was the first time that I felt more connected to someone. Even when I met Roger, I never felt this much powerful energy for him. With Jonathan? Everything was so different. He brought a side of me I never thought I had.

He smiles and kisses my forehead. I melt into his touch, sliding my own arms on his shoulders.

"Shall we?" He asks.

"Lead the way, gentlemen."

"Only if you're right by my side."

He takes out his arm for me to hold. I grip my hands around and we walk towards his car.

"Where are we going, by the way?" I ask.

"You'll see."

We drove for about 5 minutes before I figured out where we were.

"Wait, we're having dinner at your place?" I ask, shocked.

He says nothing, he just laughs.

"Trust me, come on." He opens the door for me. I slip out of the car and follow him.

I climb some stairs before we reach the top floor. He opened the door to the roof and what I see was just breathtaking.

There was a setup for just the two of us with fascinating lighting and a bottle of wine on the table. He had set up a whole mode in front of the most beautiful view of California.

I run towards the end, gazing at the lights and the lanterns in the night sky.

"It's.. Beautiful." I say.

I look back, and he's already pouring us the wine.

"Ms May, is this acceptable to you?" He asks.

I walk towards him and kiss him directly on the lips. I manage to hold his face with my tiny hands, feeling his soft masculine skin under mine.

I never went on a date before with anyone. I don't do dates. for me, they were just an 'F' word. But Jonathan showed me the bright side I was missing in my life. At least at the moment, I thought I was. He made me feel special enough. It's not that I don't pamper myself or I don't know what 'self-love's definition is'. But with him. I just wanted to do this again and again and again.

After a passionate moment, I push back.

"I can't even say how much this surprised me, Jonathan. No one has ever done something like this for me, not now, never. I truly appreciate it. Thank you." I say.

"Sssh, Angelica." He tucks some flicks of my hair behind my ear.

"You deserve it."

I couldn't help but just... be more attracted to him. Or maybe...Love.