Ran Away Again.

Okay! Fuck! This is intolerable. I don't know why she doesn't want to stay well! Nat is the first person I've seen who 'Forgets' to take their own medicine! She was not a baby! Nat knew how to take care of herself!

I needed to tell her off now!

But before I could, I hear the doorbell ring.

"Who could he be at this hour now?"

I place the medicines back in the drawer and went downstairs. As I open the door, I was shocked but also relieved.

"Can we talk?" Jonathan asked.

I took a deep breath and Nat emerged from behind me.

"Jonathan, always surprised to see you," Natalia says

Before she could be the 'Weird Natalia Polinski' I invited him in.

"Just...come in and wait in my bedroom."

He nods and walks away. I closed the door, and I throw my attention towards Natalia.

"We need to talk!"

"Wh..what happened?" She asked, all confused.

"I know y.." Suddenly, I stopped myself. Jonathan was upstairs and things were already terrible between us. So I controlled my anger.

"Look, Jonathan and I just need to talk about some work stuff and I'll get back to you, okay?"

"Alright." She says, and she walks away instantly, not even giving me a second look.

I scoff and went back into my room, closing and locking the door behind me. I watched him while he was gazing into my eyes deeply. God, why do I always forget how sweet and attractive he can be?

"Hi." I say.

He giggles and changes his expression into an apologetic one.

"Look, I'll get straight to the point."

I smile and I sit right beside him on my bed.

"The time you saw me and Clara, she was trying to kiss me, that's true. Clara tricked me, saying one of her file's pages flew behind the metal counters and she wanted me to help fetch it. By the time I went in, she was well. Tried to kiss me and..that's when you walked in on us."

Huh...Well, this could be a lie, but given Clara's personality, I knew it was the truth.

"It's okay," I say while I looked at him, placing my hand on his thigh.

"Are...you sure?" he says while giving me a concerned and confused look.

"I..uh..look."

I wasn't ready to tell him what I was about to tell him but, watching Jonathan with Clara was something I couldn't get my mind off of. So he needed to know the truth.

"Look, Jonathan. I know the relationship we have is not..official and I don't want to drag you into something through which you wind up getting up. So I need you to know that.."

"That?"

"Ethan and I...have a thing going on, too." I finally let it out, and as harsh as it could sound, it was a tremendous relief.

Jonathan stayed quiet but gave me an enormous sigh.

"Wow," he says.

I thought he would get angry, which could lead us into a fight or something, but he maintained his emotions.

"Although I understand that hearing about me leading both of you together is not ideal, seeing you and Clara together made me realize how terrible it would be if you were to see me with someone else. I just couldn't bear it. So..."

"I guess that's what I'm doing. I'm sorry for hurting you."

He took a deep breath before speaking again.

"Well, I guess I can't say that I didn't already know about it."

"Wait, what?"

"Come on, Angelica. I see the look on your face whenever you're around Ethan. I can't say that I'm pleased to know this but. I guess I can't force you, either."

"I..I never thought you'll be..."

"Okay with this? To tell you the truth, I'm not."

Jonathan turned his whole body towards mine, and he grabs both my hands looking deep into my eyes.

"Look, Angelica. I want you. More than that, I need you. You're not just someone who I met, had sex for fun. You're more than that. Even though we both agreed we have to maintain a professional relationship, just look where that led us."

"This doesn't happen to me often. In fact, it has never happened to me. You were perfect for each other. If you want time, I'm okay with it, more than anything else. Of course, I wouldn't be happy about you and Ethan, but...I just don't want to force you into anything."

He took a slight pause before kissing me, locking my lips on his while he cupped my face. After a few long sensual moments and making my waterfall run fast, we drift apart.

"I want you, Angelica. And I'll do whatever it takes to have you."

"Even if I have to fight over you. I will."

"If you still need time to figure out who you want to be with, I'll give you all the minutes you want."

Suddenly, Jonathan's expression changes to a serious one.

"But...If you were with me, I want you to make sure that Ethan's chapter gets closed there only. You can always stay friends with him, but if I find out that something's still going on between you two, you know what'll happen next."

This was a little harsh, but what can I say, it was legit. Why would a guy, who's ready to give all of their love and attention to anyone would want to see the other person spend their favourite moment with their ex-lover or someone you had sex with for fun? I understood what he was saying, so I just smiled and wrapped my arms around him.

"Thank you for being so understanding, Jonathan."

"What can I say? You have this effect on me. I can wait for you for years because I know it'll be worth it."

We stayed like that for a while before drifting apart, and I smiled.

"As much as I would like you to stay in for the night, I need to handle some stuff with Natalia," I say.

"Is something wrong?" He asks, all concerned.

"Oh, what is right with her?" I was genuinely going frustrated and tired of her. I wanted this misunderstanding or whatever it was to end. But how?

"Alright, I'll see you at work tomorrow."

Jonathan gets up, gives me a kiss on my forehead and walked towards the door.

"Take care, Angelica," he says before walking downstairs and driving away.

I threw myself back on the bed, covering my face with both my hands.

"Now for the hard part."

I built up the courage once again and went into Natalia's room. She wasn't in there. I thought she might be in the bathroom or the kitchen, but I couldn't find her anywhere.

I started searching the entire house, calling her again and again, but her phone was now switched off.

Rushing outside to see if she went for a walk, I saw no one. I even started asking the neighbours to see if they saw her going somewhere, but no one did. And I finally realized what was happening.

Natalia fucking ran away again.