The Intense Conversation.

"Um...I.."

"Oh, come on, I won't bite," he says, smiling.

It was a tempting offer, honestly. I needed a break away from the girls. Even though we were friends, they didn't have the fucking right to say whatever they wanted.

"Or we can always go to a spa."

"Wait, are you allowed to do that?" I ask.

"Swimming, yes, as I'm also a lifeguard here. But spa, I'm the masseur. So I guess..I'll be massaging you if you let me." He says, almost flirting with me.

I was consumed. I didn't want to start something to lead someone somewhere, where we both don't want to be. I look at my phone, checked messages, and I see no reply from Ethan.

I gazed right into Carlo's eyes.

"Okay, yeah."

"Yeah? So spa first?"

"Haha, yeah. Spa first."

"Alright, follow me."

We go into this spa salon, where he gives me time to undress and then slip into a towel. I lay down on the table with my head facing the floor. And he comes, spilling some oil on my back and massaging me.

As soon as his hands touched my back, I felt some ease, relief, and the warmth I needed to feel.

"You're fantastic at this," I say.

"Thanks. I try my best to give the pleasure my customers need."

"Are you always like this with others, too?" I say, teasing him.

"Well, honestly? Some of them tip a lot, so yeah, I do."

"That's good to know."

"I have to say, Anna. you've got a great back and soft skin. You must take care of yourself a lot."

"Well, it can't hurt a woman to pamper herself, right?"

"Agreed."

He changed his position and came right to my face. He was massaging my shoulders and well...his d*ck portion was easily accessible to me. The only thing was, it was covered with his jeans.

I ignored it as he sways his hands on my back.

"So, are you single or...?" Carlo asked.

"Well, I..." I really didn't know how I should answer. Ethan and I were focused on our future, that's for sure. I just didn't know how to react.

Before I could speak again...he started talking again.

"I'm sorry. I guess that was too personal."

"Oh no, it's totally fine. It's just...it's complicated."

"Ah, the complication."

"Ouch." Suddenly, I felt something scratch my shoulder.

"Pardon me, that's just my ring."

I turn my head up to see what he was talking about.

And I see a ring on his..ring finger. I sit down, covering myself, and smile at him.

"You're married?"

"Sure am. I'm sorry about that pinch, though. It's just I never take my ring off."

"Never?"

"Never ever."

He asks to sit right beside me on the table and I say yes. He looks at me, happily.

"I get the picture where you're having trouble, Anna. I know you're just scared. Scared of crossing that line. Scared of that commitment."

"How do you know that?"

"I can see it in your eyes because I felt the same way before I was getting married."

"No kidding." I say, giggling.

"Well, all these women around here...asking for something which for me is forbidden, laying their hands on, asking to massage me. It was hard when I started. Got the habit of going with the flow in the middle. It stopped when I first met my love, Eve."

"She was the only one who came in and didn't even look at me."

"That's hard to believe."

"It is true. Anna, if you may know, I wasn't trying to flirt with you. It's just the way I react and talk. And whatever doubts you're having. I'm sure they would be pretty clear now."

"And I'm sure you've realised what you want."

Suddenly, the door swings open and a woman with half burned face came in.

Carlo smiled and walked up to her.

"Miss, Meet Eve. My wife."

Eve was pregnant, and she was so beautiful. I got up and shook her hand, smiling.

"Nice to meet you," I say.

"Likewise. Is anything wrong?"

"Oh no, In fact, I was just about to leave. Your Husband sure is a great masseur."

"That's good to know, Miss."

"You still have another 10 minutes actually, do you need me to.?"

"Oh no, actually, I think I'm gonna go. I have to do an important thing."

"Oh, okay. Please consider coming here again."

"I will." I smile at both of them. Carlo instantly knew what I was about to do.

I got dressed, paid for the spa parlour and went straight to my hotel room, grabbing my things. As I was doing so, Mai comes in.

"Hey, I was looking all over for you...where did you go? And...what the hell are you doing?"

"I'm going back."

"What?" Mai says, shocked.

"I'm going back to California."

"Hey, I know Jay was out of line, but we still have 4 days left, Anna. Don't force me to stay with all of them alone."

"I know, Mai. I'm sorry, but I really need to see him. I have to go talk to him as soon as I can. And I know there's no use in talking over the phone." I say, frantically talking and trying to pack my things.

"Wait, wait, wait, talk to whom?"

I look up at her and say,

"Jonathan."

"You're choosing Jonathan?"

I stay quiet and zip my bad instead.

"I'm sorry, Mai...But I have to do this."

I say and I walk away straight to the airport.

"YOU OWE ME 3000 DOLLARS!" Mai shouts from behind.

"I love you too."

I set the path to California again and went straight to Jonathan's house.

It was already nighttime when I reached there. I go up the elevator and knocked on his door. He opened it up within seconds and was shocked to see me.

"Hey, what are you doing here? I thought you were on a trip with the ladies. Is everything okay?"

"I..." I was hyperventilating and was fuckin scared to tell him what I was about to tell him.

"I need to talk to you."

"About what?"

"Us."