But Who?

"What? He!" I got all clumsy and excited to finally see him again. This was the news of the century for me. There was nothing I would want more than Jonathan being okay. I got up from the bed, but I saw Ethan's face.

He was sad. I mean, I knew he was more than happy. But Jonathan waking up now meant that I would have to choose. And the chances are equal for both of them, but there's only one person included in that choice. Either Ethan or Jonathan.

I signed and smiled at him, taking his hand in mine.

"Let's focus on Jonathan for now, okay? I know what you're thinking about. Don't force and mess your head."

Ethan smirked and cupped my face once again.

"I guess I'll let it slide, for now." He smiled and kissed my hand.

"Well, you have to."

"You still need to rest a little. We can go over to Jonathan's in an hour after you give them the statement."

"Shit, I have to give them a statement. But what should I?.."

"The truth, Ms May." Ethan looked at me all seriously, but he made sure that everything would be okay even if I tell him everything.

"Are you sure?" I asked him once again.

"I'm sure."

I took a deep breath and told him I was ready to give Rick the statement. After a while, he came in with this female person who was writing everything down. I told them everything from the start till the end, but I missed one thing that nobody knew, except...Natalia.

After a few hours, I finally got discharged from the hospital and was about to go straight to the parking lot, but I see Mr Polinski sitting in the garden on a bench alone.

"Can you give me a minute?" I ask Ethan and he quickly realized what I was going to do.

"Of course." He got in the car himself and I walked towards where Mr Polinski was sitting.

"Mind if I sit here?" I ask with a brief smile on my face.

"Not at all dear, come."

We sat together for a while, we just keep our gazes straight at the birds in front of us, who were looking for food.

"They're so peaceful, aren't they?" He says.

"They are."

"You know, I used to call Natalia's mother my little eagle."

"Not because her voice was so soothing when it touched my ear, but because she would always scream at me even in the smallest things."

"Hehe, I remember," We both chuckled and I could see a tear drop coming down from his eye.

"I knew I would miss her a lot when she'll go, but I never thought that I would think of giving up my life just to be with her again."

He was so sad, so sad that it almost made me feel sick to my heart. I wanted to make him happy somehow, but I knew there wasn't a way. It was what it was. So instead, I grabbed his hand and reassured him.

"Mr Polinski, I know this is hard for you and it's hard even for Natalia. But I want you to know that this isn't the end. You still have a lot to live for. I mean, you have your friends who adore you. You still have Mrs Polinski's memories with you. And I know she would want you to remember them until you take your last breaths and finally reunite with her. Not early, but in your own time."

He smiled. I know half of my words wouldn't mean anything to him for now, but he did smile, and that was enough for me now.

"There will be a proper funeral for my beloved wife, Angelica. You think you can make it?"

"Of course, she was my mother, too. I'll be there."

He nods and gets up.

"Until we meet again, dear." And he walks away.

I was still anxious and worried about him. He may have those who support him, but if we look deep inside, his wife's gone and his only daughter's in a hospital getting treated for mental disorder. He has no one.

"Ms May?"

I turn back and see Ethan waiting in the car. I got up and walked towards him and finally drove off to see Jonathan.

We stopped midway to have something to eat before we met up with him. We both were starving.

After a few hours, we finally reached the hospital and walked towards Jonathan's room. Before we could enter, we see a girl sitting right next to him. I couldn't realize who she was because I only saw the back of her head.

We stayed outside for a while and waited for her to come out first. Of course, we had to respect their privacy, and finally, after a few minutes, she turns her body towards ours.

It was Juliana.

She saw me and smiled, slowly rushing towards me. Out of nowhere, Juliana grabs me and pulls me in for a big hug.

"I'm so grateful, Angelica, because of you, my brother is alive!"

"I...actually did nothing. It's all him."

She breaks the hug and stared right into my eyes.

"Are you kidding? It was you that kept him alive. The first word that he screamed was your name as soon as he woke up."

I looked at Jonathan, who still wasn't aware of what we were talking about, and then I turned over to Ethan.

"I'll give you two some privacy." He walks away, fuck that must have fucked him.

"Anyway, he really wanted to see you."

I stare at her like I was still figuring out what she just said.

"So...?"

"Oh, y-yeah. I'll go in." I say.

"Let me know if you need anything, okay?"

"Sure."

She walks away to talk to the doctor and I look and Jonathan from outside the room through the mirror.

How did I come here to this position? You know, some people say having two sexiest men go crazy over you makes you feel superior or something, and you love the attention you receive.

But you know what I was thinking? How can I give them my answer and not break their heart?

I knew I couldn't pull both of them with me. I had to choose.

But...who?