Did she?

Before I could walk towards her, Ethan calls my name again.

"Ms May?" I look at him, and then I look at Clara, who was now gone.

I rushed inside Ethan's office and lock the door behind me.

"What are you doing?" he asks.

"It was her, Ethan. I'm it's f*cking her!"

"Who?"

"That Clara or something, whatever her name is! I know she's behind the leaking! I just know it!"

"And how do you know she did?"

"I..." I gazed into his eyes, pausing. What the hell was I supposed to say? That yeah, she's in love with Jonathan and just to get back at me, she's doing this?

"It's a whole jealousy story. Look, believe me! I'm telling you it's her!"

Ethan took a deep breath and got up from his seat, walking towards me.

"Okay, calm down. If it is her, I'm sure we'll understand it."

"How?"

"Leave that to me."

"How are you so calm about this? She's ruining your-"

"Angelica, I don't give a shit about what she's spreading and what she's not, as long as it's about us together. Yes, we were in Vegas together, we were having a good time, we had great sex. So what?" Ethan took my hands in his.

"As long as I'm with you, I don't care f*ck about what others think."

"I.."

I knew what he was about to say, I knew it and I was getting f*cking scared. Not because of the scenarios that were happening, but because of how I would react.

Just before he could finish his sentence, he gets a call.

"Fuck, I need to go."

"Where?"

"Business, Ms may," He smacks my ass and gazes at me.

"Do I have to command you to get back to work, or do you want me to teach you?"

I try not to, but I smile.

"As you say, Sir."

I turn to walk out of the office, but Ethan stops me mid-way.

"On second thought, Ms May."

"Yeah," I turn to look at him.

"I wouldn't feel good about it."

"Good about what?"

"You working under me?"

"Well, I love to work under you, and I don't mean in this building, but on the bed. What are you saying?"

He walked in front of me, brushing his soft, warm fingers on my cheek.

"You don't have to work for me. You're more than just my assistant I can-"

"No, Ethan. I...Look, I know what you're trying to say. But I don't care if I'm working under you or working right beside you. I love what I do and there's nothing I would want to change."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," I cupped his and kissed him, sensually.

"If I ever get frustrated, I'll just come to you and ask you to make up for it, you know, just like bosses do."

"You're killing me, Ms May." He kissed me again for a few long moments and finally let go.

"I'm going to be late." He says while he walks out of his office.

I took some papers which I needed to work on and get out of there after a few minutes too. Ethan's speech sure made it a little easier for me. Everyone almost feared him like he was some kind of mafia. Not even a single person present made eyes on me after hearing about what was going on between us.

That was what I needed, actually, not to gain attention.

I go into my office and find her there, sitting in my chair.

"Well, if it isn't the ugly b*tch herself, what are you doing in my office, Clara?"

"Oh, don't get me wrong, please. I just come here to give you my good wishes. You know, about you and Ethan being finally together."

"We're not together,"

"Oh, so you're just f*cking him for your own benefit? Money, fame?"

"I already had that better than you, Clara, and by the looks of it, feels like you're just jealous I have it all. What? You thinking trying to seduce Jonathan would lead you somewhere you thought you would be? You're showing nothing but expressing how easy you are."

"Spare me the shitty words sl*t, You're the one who's going into both of their pants, not I. That makes you the bitch. I pity you, Angelica, or should I say...Anna?"

"How the fuck did you-?"

"You think you have everything? Huh? Do you think I'm that stupid? I've come a long way to get a job like this. All the way, I met hundreds of people with hundreds of resources. Do you think I don't know about how you fucking killed your own father and uncle?"

"Oh, I guess both the gentlemen don't know that your real name is Annabelle Lockwood. How would Jonathan feel when he'll find out? That you're both a murderer and a fucking liar."

"You wouldn't!"

"Try me, Ms May,"

"You've got two choices. Either forget about Jonathan and walk out of here with Ethan, or lose them both. The choice is yours, after all. If you were with Ethan, I'll go live my life with my lover and forget all the shifty, invaluable things about you. I'll even declare that article under 'fake accusation'. I'll revert to it."

"I knew it was fucking you. I just didn't know you'd bend this low just to fuck a man."

Clara gets angry and walks right in front of me.

"Oh, I'm not angry, Annabelle, I'm thrilled to see you going low after I expose who you truly are." She whispered in my ear.

"You've got a week to decide what you want. It's more than I officially wanted to give you. So try to not let this time go to waste, will you? Ms Angelica May."

Clara laughs and walks out of my office, leaving me feeling fucking busted, and making me have flashbacks about those nights. The only time when I had enough of the torture.

The only time when I first used a..gun.