Hawaii.

The next day, I woke up and see Ethan sleeping peacefully right by my side, holding me closer in his arms. I smile, watching his skin glow bright.

It was always so...soothing looking at him. Always.

I looked at Ethan's hand and see the ring I gave him when I proposed to him. This is the main reason I love him. He cares about the insignificant details. Ethan never wore that ring in front of me last night because we were talking about where to go next.

He must have put it on after I fell asleep. I just lay there, watching him.

Suddenly, my phone rings.

I pick it up and see a text from Mai.

"Well, we landed here in California last night, too. Apparently, everyone was kinda bummed after Jay's shitshow. We just said we were going, and she didn't just wanna come yet so. We flew."

"Text me while you can. I want all the deets about your future husband, Jonathan Ramsey."

I kinda smile and scoff as I text her back right away.

"It's not Jonathan, Mai. It's Ethan."

"Okay, this I really don't understand. But you said you wanted to talk to Jonathan?"

"Yeah, that's what I wanted to talk to him about."

"Woman, you didn't!"

"I let him down easy, Mai. Not in a harsh way. He had to know what I felt about him."

"Okay, meet me! Barista at 10?"

"I'll be there."

I put down my phone and took a deep breath.

"Who're you talking to?"

I look behind me, and Ethan is awake. He was observing me. Reading every single one of my emotions.

"Mai wants to meet me at the barista at 10."

"They're all back?"

"Yeah, let's just say, not everyone liked the way 'One' behaved."

"Too bad, but look where it leads you."

Ethan's smile made me realise he was actually right about this. He suddenly gazed at his hand, finally feeling the ring on his finger.

"So we are engaged now?" he says.

"Well, you can always take it off."

Ethan instantly grabbed me and pulled me on top of him. He was caressing my back as I leaned in to kiss him harder.

"Never say that. You got it?"

"I love you. And there's nothing in the world that would try to snatch that away from me till I'm alive. Let alone yourself." Ethan growled.

"What does that mean?" I say, laughing and smiling.

"It simply means you're stuck with me," Ethan spanks my ass.

"Ouch,"

"This is for going on a trip without me."

He spanks me again.

"And this is for not letting me choose a ring for you too."

I was in pain, but I was giggling too. I stared at Ethan, who was now all intense.

"I don't know what will I do without you. You complete me."

"So do you, Ethan." I lean into him again, kissing him on his cheek and then hiding my face in his body.