The Guy.

Jonathan and I both finished our breakfast and got ready as soon as we could. He grabs his car keys and we walk out of his house, driving to the spot where I saw Nat and that guy together.

I texted Nat again asking about where she was just to make sure we weren't coincidentally on purpose, bumping into her.

"Hey, you wanna go for a cup of coffee?" I text.

"Raincheck? I'm going out with some of my colleagues today. I'll be home late. Why not tomorrow?"

"Hah, you know I can't say no to caffeine. Talk to you at home."

"XOXO."

I slide my phone back into my pocket and nod at Jonathan. He speeds up his car as we reach the destination.

As we park our car on the opposite side of the alley, I see that guy again talking to some other woman.

"That's him. He was the funk she was talking to."

"Huh, seems more like a dealer of some kind, to be honest."

"Yeah, but why deal with women only? There must be more to him. And Nat doesn't do drugs. It's highly terrible for the body, so we both forbid it."

"So, you wanna talk to him or just wait here?"

I stay silent, thinking about my next move. I really wanted to know why she was lying. And the reason behind it. It's not like I would just laugh at her or judge her or something, but. It felt bad knowing the person whom you trust with your eyes closed can break it that easily. Maybe I was wrong about all of this. Maybe I just should ask her what the reality was. But I already tried that, and it went sideways.

I don't want to mess up my friendship with her. But I want to find out why.

"Let's just go," I say while I climb out of the car.

Jonathan follows behind and looks around the area as if we were safe or not, as it was filled with weird, crazy people with baseball bats and drunks. I open the door from where the guy usually comes out of. It was a pathway to a club.

"Does your friend work here or..?" Jonathan asks.

"No.. she works in a whole different company, Bulletin, mostly. Even if she did, I'm sure she would have told me."

"Are you sure? Angelica?" Jonathan asks.

Shit. What if he's right? Maybe I really know nothing about her. Maybe she just pretends to be my friend. Shuffling my head, I watch into the crowd and look for the major guy we wanted to talk to.

Jonathan points in the direction where the mysterious man was going, and we follow him. As soon as we get in the room, we just jumped on a scenario where he was about to get laid. I see a woman on a couch in the corner, half-naked.

"What the fuck, dudes? Can't I have a good time with my fucking girlfriend anymore?"

"I ain't no taking more spy work now."

Did he just say, spy? I turn to Jonathan and he does the same. We both look at the guy and guide him into an empty and more secure, also quiet room.

"What the hell do you two want?" He asks.

"Look, all we need to find out about is a woman."

"Woman, I meet a lot of girls in a day. Be more specific."

I take out my phone and show him a picture of Nat.

"Now, do you recall who am I talking about?"

He inspects her and laughs.

"Her? She is one of my best customer."

"What do you mean, best customer?"

"You both aren't cops, right?" He asks.

"If we were, you would be rotting in jail at the moment." Say's Jonathan.

"Well, I did a job for her recently. She asked me to spy on some guy and collect every information regarding what he does. But the guy I was stalking vanished out of nowhere and she just came here to give me my commission."

"Do you know who the guy was?" I ask.

"Nah... She just gave me a photo of him and told me where he lived before. I just went there and gathered the stuff she wanted."

"Do you remember where he lives?"

"Of course." He slips his hand in his pocket and takes out like 12-15 notes and starts searching for something.

He chooses one piece of paper and hands it to me.

"This is that guy's address. He was there a week ago, but now, even I don't know where he is."

I take the slip from his hand and glance at the words, all focused.

"So you're what like... a spy?" Jonathan asks.

He just looks at both of us, irritated as hell. He totally ignored that question and spoke in a heavy voice.

"Can I go, now?!"

I stare at Jonathan again before giving him the space he needed to walk out of the room. We both walk out of that club and get inside the car.

I stayed silent and completely numb for a few minutes. She hired a what.. spy? Or whatever he is? Even if she did, for whom?

It started raining, and I just sat there in silence, deeply staring at the paper.

"Angelica."

I shook my head and change my perspective to Jonathan.

"Yeah?"

"What do you want to do now?"

Honestly? I didn't know what I should probably do. I had two chances. First, to forget all of this and pretend I have a fascinating life with the most amazing friends, or second, go over there and see what all of this bullshit was about.

I just didn't know which path to take. So I played a little game with myself of 'Twinkle Twinkle Little Star How I Wonder What You Are'. Fixating each decision on two of my fingers, I sang the melody and whatever finger the last word of the song will end up, I'll do it.

Finally, I concluded.

"Let's go."