A Deal.

"How did he? I," I was fluttering like hell. Jonathan, is in a ...coma? How?

Ethan calmed me down and asked me if I wanted to come see him. I was about to say yes but he warned me about his condition not being so good. The car he was driving flipped 4 times, and he had a lot of injuries caused by it.

But I fought him, I had to go. I had to be there for him.

"I'm going."

"Ms May... I.."

"I'm going, Ethan! I have...I have to be there."

"Are you sure?" he asks with an intense voice.

"Yes!"

Ethan wasn't proud of me for being so stubborn about it, but he respected the fact that I do care about Jonathan.

"Come on."

We drove for a few minutes. The car drive to the hospital was intense. I was still drained and I could see Ethan was too. Before my relationship with Jonathan, He was Ethan's good friend. I just couldn't believe this was happening.

And I don't know why, but a stupid, most terrible thought crossed my mind.

Is Natalia behind this?

NO! How the fuck can I even think that? Natalia's no...Killer. She's just..I..

Okay, I really don't know what to think or who to believe right now. My biggest concern right now was Jonathan. And I had to focus on that.

Minutes passed, and we finally reached the Hospital. Ethan went straight to the reception while I waited behind for him to handle him. He talked to the receptionist and exchanged a few words.

Ethan looked straight at me and said...

"He's in the ICU."

I was beyond terrified because it was the time when we were about to see him. Of course, I knew they wouldn't allow us to talk to him but..I wanted to.

We walked into the deepest corner of the hospital where the ICU rooms were. The path there was terrible itself. People come in with much more terrible situations. Some met with an accident, some were attempted to be killed.

What the fuck is going on? I'm never coming back here.

We finally reached the room where Jonathan was. The see-through mirror on the door was blurry. I couldn't see much, but I could surely tell. He was covered in blood. The doctors were still trying to control his flow. A nurse was changing his bandages.

His condition was critical.

I stood there, now totally numb. Watching him on the hospital bed like this made me go berserk. How could this happen? He was right there with me a few hours ago and this?

Suddenly, I realized my face was all wet from my tears. Ethan saw the pain in my eyes, just to calm me, he didn't think of his reputation or privacy, he came forward to hold me tight in his arms.

"It's alright, Ms May. He's going to be alright. I know."

His voice was getting blurry to my ears, my eyes were still fixed on the room. But I knew I couldn't do much about it standing here. Ethan guided me to the chair, sitting in the corner, and I took my place in one of them and Ethan sat right beside me.

Finally, the doctor came out of the room. Ethan instantly got up and started talking to him.

"I'm sorry to say this but, The patient is barely stable even after 3 hours of surgery and trying to control what we could. He's suffered from a head injury that is pretty severe and may lead to amnesia if he wakes up. He's still in a coma and I'm sorry, but in cases like these, there isn't much we can do."

"How do you think the coma will last?" Ethan asked.

"It depends. Sometimes, they only last for a few hours, sometimes months, even years." The doctor took a deep breath before letting out the truth.

"Let's just hope he survives the injuries he's faced for now. I'm sorry."

And he walks away. Ethan looked straight at me. I could see he was getting frustrated and angry by this too. He wanted to know what had caused the accident. And how? Ethan wasn't a guy who drinks and drive. He was sober.

Before he could say something else to me, a figure approaches both of us.

"Well well. How is it I'm assigned to a case and I meet you two together?" Says Rick. The one who interrogated me before.

"What are you doing here, Rick?" Ethan asked, almost growling at him.

"Now, now, you don't need to get angry. There are patients here, Mr Cooper." He mocks him.

"Ms May, always a pleasure." He greets me but I ignored him. I didn't want this right now. His stupid cockiness.

"Well, As much as you're already flattered, I'm here for Jonathan Ramsey's case."

"His... case?" Ethan asked.

"Apparently, we have the footage of him in between the accident. Well, it was a hit and run."

"What?!" I got up instantly and looked straight at Rick.

"Did you find out who that person was?" I ask, not even hesitating.

"Well, that's totally confidential for now, Ms May. It's police work."

"But I need to know who.."

"Angelica," Ethan says while grabbing my arms smoothly. "Not here."

Rick was reading our behaviour, which I'm sure, the psychopath found mesmerising.

"If you two know something about this case, please feel free to tell me," Rick says.

I looked at him in frustration. He won't be getting the information he needs until he tells us who that person was. Rick paused and waited for either of us to answer. But neither of us does.

He smiles.

"Alright, I get what you want, info for info."

He holds his breath for a few seconds and finally lets it out. He gave both of us a devilish and serious grin and said.

"Alright. We'll do it half your way and half mine. If you know something about this accident, tell me, and I'll surely consider giving you the information you want. If the data provided by you meets my expectations."

Ethan and I exchanged looks, and we knew what we had to do.

I took a deep breath, and Ethan folded his arms, gazing at Rick.

"You've got yourself a deal, Rick." Says Ethan.