Ring.

"What do you mean... your case?"

"That's all you need to know."

He keeps his focus on driving again. I was getting a lot anxious now. I get why he would keep something a secret, but, Why not just tell me? He hasn't even forced me to sign an NDA, so I guess I was a trustworthy person. Right now, I couldn't just take this trauma. Most of the time, I felt like I was with a stranger.

"Stop the car," I commanded Ethan.

"What?"

"Stop. The. Car."

Ethan does and I get out of it, and he follows up with me, too.

"Where are you doing?" He asks.

"Home."

"It's raining, Ms May. Please. Get in the car. I'll drive you."

"No!"

I walk away, and he grabs my arm slowly, preventing me from storming away from him. I turned to look at him and all I could feel is, him genuinely stopping me. Asking me to stay for a while. Like he needed me.

"Leave me, Ethan." I avoid eye contact.

"What do you want me to say? Angelica? What exactly can I say for you to come with me?"

"The truth maybe? Ethan. I feel like I don't even know you! I work for you, yes. But are you seriously real? Or am I just another one of your bimbo?"

"You know that's not true."

"Do I really? Other than Ethan Cooper, the Billionaire who started off at a young age, I know nothing about you, Ethan. NOTHING! I don't know about your past, your family, friends. Nothing. How do you expect me to believe you?"

He stayed quiet because he knew exactly what I wanted to hear. And he knew that he never ever told me about anything. If we were to build up this.... relationship or whatever we have, this wasn't the way to do so.

"You really are heartless, aren't you?" I say.

He stayed still, not moving a muscle. I knew he had nothing else left to say so. I moved away, thinking he might lose the grip on my arm, but he didn't.

"Ethan?" I look towards him and he dropped his shoulders.

"At least let me drive you home. It's not safe for you to be alone right now. Come on."

Ethan finally let go of my arms and accepted what he offers. After getting back into his car, I insisted on going back to my previous place. I still had to wash my own bloody clothes, and I had to look after the house. It was my responsibility for now.

The drive there was intense. No one had the guts to come up with another word. We focused on the wet road ahead of us and stayed still like hard mouldings as humans.

After reaching back to my place, I get out of the car. While I was almost on the way to unlocking the door, I stop and I turn back.

"You're wet too. Come in or else you'll get a cold. I'll make some hot chocolate for us."

He didn't react at first, but nodded and smiles weakly. We both get in the house and I gave him a towel to at least wash his face and hands for now.

"I'm sure Nat will have his cousin brother's clothes that may fit you. I'll look for them."

I go to Natalia's room to fetch some clean, unwet clothes for Ethan. After searching for like 5 minutes, I could only fetch some running pants. Well, something was better than nothing. I go back downstairs and gave it to Ethan.

"I guess you'll just have to cover your upper body with a towel. The only thing I could only find was pants." I say.

"It's alright, I'll manage."

He got up and went to the bathroom to change. I made a path to my room to change my own wet clothes. I slip into a plain black oversized t-shirt and went to the kitchen again behind the counter to make some hot chocolate for us. After a minute, he comes back, only wearing pants. I could now again see his perfectly inclined abs. Of course, he was a little cold, so his goosebumps were all heightened up, which made his body more... sensual.

"Here, have some. It'll help you." I pass him the mug and sit across from where he was sitting.

"Thank you, Ms May." Now, he was the one who was avoiding eye contact.

I knew deep in my heart that he had a big secret. Of course, I should respect his privacy and feelings. But how does he expect me to process further if I don't even know a single shit about him? I had to know something for now. Even a single thing. I never asked him to open up and spill every single shit that happened in his life before me. All I wanted was to... feel him. On the inside.

I guess Nat was right. Being serious about someone changes the way you think. The only situation I was stuck in was, I was changing not for only one person, but for two. Maybe two.

For now, this was the least of my problems. I felt Ethan knew everything about me. Where do I go? Who was I with? He was the one who found me in the parking lot. That had not been a coincidence. And he found out about Jonathan. Sure, he could have assumed, but he didn't. he knew exactly what was going on. And even if he says that he was called at the station for 'his own case', why on the same day? And the intuition that Creepy Rick gave me? This was more than that.

And I didn't know why.

"This is delicious," Ethan says.

"Thank you." I appreciate it.

There was it again. The awkward moment of silence.

"I think I should head back." He says.

"You should wait," I say.

He shook his head in confusion as I explain why.

"Your clothes are still wet. I'll spin them in the machine and they'll be new as ever. It'll only take 10 minutes. You can't wear wet clothes, that's what we're trying to prevent."

Ethan nodded, and I got up after finishing my drink to do what I told him I was going to do. I fetch his clothes and go over to the washing machine. As I straighten his clothes and check his pockets for valuables, I find something. It felt like a small box. I pull it out and it was a ring box.

Why the hell does he have this? He isn't married or anything. Not in the fucking way he'll propose to me, of course. So the question was, who's it for?

"It was my fiance's," Ethan says while walking into the room.