A Week Left.

I was only a few days before I go into labour. My moods were swinging like a cursed wheel. Always going around.

Mai and the others held a small get-together for me. Ethan's friends and all of mine were there. The small celebration was simple, yet so lovely. Some of Ethan's friends, do have kids too. So it was nice being around there, before time.

"I can't believe I'm about to be an aunt, Anna. I'm so excited." Mai says while jumping and clapping her hands.

"Oh, trust me, I wasn't sure about going through with it at first. But who am I to question the beauty of birth?"

"You're right, having a baby changes everything. Not to mention a massive load of spending expenses carefully, but I guess that won't be a problem for you."

"Oh, yeah. Not because we don't care about the expenses. Ethan and I decided to treat our daughter not too extra and not too low. We don't want her to be raised like a spoiled kid of a billionaire daughter."

"Well, if you don't spoil her, I will," Hailey added, laughing.

-Clink clink clink-

We look over at the sounds of glass clinking and see Ethan making a toast. At first, I give him a 'please don't embarrass me' expression, but then it goes straight to sweetness for everything and our daughter.

"A little toast here, everyone. Ahem." Everyone laughs as Ethan mimics crazily.

"First, thank you all for coming here and joining us on this special occasion. We can't express how happy we are to have shared this moment with our loved ones."

"I, for one, still can't believe that I'm going to be a father, but I guess for playing that role with the woman I love, and getting to call her my wife. Hearing the baby's first words as mommy is all I'm up for."

"So, I guess all I'm trying to say is this. Thank you all for coming and, Annabelle Cooper, I love you."

"To Angel!"

To Angel.

Everyone clinked their glasses as Ethan walks over to me. He held my belly up for a little relief and kissed my cheek.

"I love you, With all my heart, Anna."

"I love you too,"

And we share the most innocent romantic kiss right in the middle of the celebration. We didn't care if people were watching. All we needed was to make sure we were safe in each other's arms.

And finally, a week was left.

Ethan and I were in the hospital. Mai and Hailey accompanied us. And I was fucking scared. All those videos I watched about childbirth fucked me up.

How do women do this? Like how? I know the pain wouldn't matter when the baby will come out but....HOW?

Every single day Ethan brought me a bouquet of roses, Lilly's even daffodils. One day, he bought this lovely black rose. Unusual, but lovely.

"Mrs Cooper, how're you feeling?" Dr Bruno asks.

"TERRIFIED."

"Haha, well, you don't have to be. I've seen cases where women do feel pain but bearable. And don't you worry, it'll all end once-"

"The baby is out, I know."

Dr Bruno laughs and walked closer to me. He gripped my arm and smiled.

"It's going to be okay, Mrs Cooper. It will be. And as far as it looks, you're due by Tuesday. That gives you two days to prepare yourself. Well, there's actually nothing to be prepared for. But you know."