Funeral.

A week passed, and I was still getting frustrated about Clara's warning. I hadn't had the guts to tell either of them. Well, at least, the entire week passed normally.

I was staying in Ethan's hotel room. Our house was still under investigation, so I couldn't go back there. Jonathan was finally discharged from the hospital.

Ethan and I were on our way to Mrs Polinski's funeral. It was going to be a terrible day, I'd say, but it would also be an angelic one for her. Finally, she'll be going where she can find peace easily. I hope she does.

"You ready to go?" Ethan asked while I straighten my black dress standing in front of the bathroom mirror.

"No," I say.

He smiled and walked up behind me.

"It's going to be okay." I turn and face him, holding him close in my arms.

"I know she didn't deserve to go like this, but believe me, Ms May, she's way better off in heaven than here in this shitty world."

"I hope you're right."

"Come on, we're going to be late." Ethan kisses my forehead and walks out of the bathroom to give me a minute.

I look in the mirror once again.

"I wish it never came to this, Nat. What we had was so much more than what you wanted it to be."

I shook my head and walk out too.

The funeral was about to start, and I saw some people who I knew. But I guess this wasn't the time to exchange good wishes today.

I see Mr Polinski sitting with his comrades, trying to look tough. But deep down, every single person present knew how he was feeling. He not only lost his wife but his daughter too.

All of them said their eulogy. Mr Polinski decided not to say anything about her. His thinking was, "This wasn't the time when they say goodbye". She was still here with him and always will be till his last breath. And we all respected that.

As worse as funerals go, this was rather a beautiful one. At least I know she's somewhere safe.

After the ceremony, I looked around and saw Jonathan getting out of his car.

"Jonathan?" Ethan was standing right beside me. He wasn't pleased that Jonathan was here, but it wasn't a place you actually command someone not to meet the other one.

"Just gimme a minute, please?" Ethan doesn't react much, he just gives me a brief smile, and I rushed towards Jonathan.

"How...what?" I flutter.

"What am I doing here? Well, I heard about what exactly happened with Mrs Polinski and I realised what caused my accident was so. I guess I'm here to give her my warm wishes."

"I thought Rick already told you who the driver was."

"Oh, he did. But I guess I was still in shock to figure out who he was talking about."

"You...You should sit down. You're barely standing."

Jonathan sure was discharged, but his injuries weren't healed. We walked towards a bench nearby and sat there.

We stayed quiet for a while, looking at the sky.

"I'm sorry, Angelica."

"Sorry for what?"

"That you had to go through all of that alone."

"Well, I wasn't all alone." I try to make a joke out of it, but I quickly regretted the fact that I was talking about Ethan in front of him.