Background.

"Why are you still so hung up on it?!" Ask Nat.

Because it just doesn't add up.

"What? What exactly does not add up?" I don't get it, Angie. You should rest, and think about what actions can you take to be safe from that sh*thole. And you're here. You are on your laptop looking into your boss's background? What good will that do to you?

I don't know, okay? I just... I need to see it.

"Fine, I just.. I'm just gonna go back to sleep. It's been a hectic day." I'm sorry.

Nat goes back into her room without giving me a second look. Maybe she's right. I don't know what good will it do for me. I just knew in my heart that I had to find out.

----Beep beep----

My phone rings as I see a text from an unknown number. My heart pounds again as if I'm having an attack.

I tap on the text, and I read.

"Hey, I hope you're alright. I just heard what happened in the parking. You want to talk?" PS: It's Jonathon.

Ugh, it's only been two weeks, and he's got into my head and mashed it up with forks. Wait, How did Jonathan find out?

"How do you know about that?" I reply.

"Well, you're forgetting I'm the one in charge of Ethan, Angelica. Whatever an issue occurs, it always makes its way to me."

"Right, I'm okay, by the way. Thank you," I text back, feels weird to chat with someone so casually after you've got into their pants and also shouted at them for no absolute reason.

"Well, Let me know if you need anything, Angelica. I would never say no to you." Have some rest.

"You too." I text back as throw my phone on the table, looking at the screen and holding my head in frustration. I mean, How can someone be so secreting? There is nothing, apart from his success, there is absolutely nothing. No family, no siblings, no friends, no wife, not even a bimbo. Does he control the media? The only pictures I could find of him were with the ones he met for business or functions of charity or volunteer work. Nothing unusual. Not even a single bit. No one has ever seen him outside his villa.

Wait? Villa? Well, I guess this is what you expect from a billionaire.

I shut my laptop as I look.

"Sh*t, I still have to pick up an outfit for the Company's 25th-anniversary celebration."

I guess I'll just think about it later. I need some sleep right now. If I do that.

----Next Day----

"So? Any luck finding out more about him?" Ask Nat as we walk around the mall trying to look for an outfit that represents us as not-so-broke women who belong with class.

"I certainly did not," I say.

"Come on, you didn't search that well. I guess you were busy drooling over him."

"He's my boss, Nat. Nothing can ever happen and I really don't want to pursue that relationship."

"Why not? What's stopping you? He was the one who saved you, he drove you home, he stayed until you were safe, and he swore he would understand it. He's basically your knight rescuing you from the dragon, well, not a dragon per se. Just a mindless little creepy creature someone discovered and immediately wanted extinct."

"Well, that's attractive. I giggle a little. Can we shop now?" I ask.

"Fine party proper. Hey look at that one," she points out to a franchise I've never heard of before.

We go inside as we try to look for the perfect outfits for tonight. Everything here seemed the same. There wasn't much of a difference. I wander around seeking the gown that I wanted, and as I do, I see a mirror at the corner of a turn. I see a reflection. I gaze at it constantly, like my body's paralysed, and all I wanted was to go far away from it. It reflected a hooded man wearing all-black clothes, just like how a serial killer would dress up before committing a crime. The figure walks towards me and I collapse.

Before I could hit the hard floor, a pair of hands save me from falling.

I turn around and I see Jonathan.

"Careful there." He smirks.

"What are you doing here?" I ask.

"The... same thing that you're doing."

I don't understand, this is all women's clothing. Why is he shopping here? Unless he...

Yes, I figured right. A brunette walks behind him, sliding her arms through his while she greets me.

"Hi, I believe we haven't met." I'm Juliana.

"Nice to meet you, Juliana. I'm Angelica."

She smiles as she turns to face Jonathan.

"Jonny, I'm gonna go try this last piece and see if it fits, okay? Wait for me, please?" Juliana says.

"Of course." Jonathan reverts.

She walks away, and he turns to me.

"Jonny?" I smile vividly.

"I know it's not the name everyone thinks is perfect but, what can I say? It comes out of love."

"By love, I think she must be your date for tonight," I say.

"Well, she's.."

As soon as he was about to finish that sentence that could make my evening worse, Nat joins our little conversation.

"Hey, where did you go? I was looking for you." Nat and I look at each other and I try to let her know who that handsome personality standing in front of us is.

I sign her, not be her and don't try embarrassing me.

She looks at Jonathan, and her laughable expression turns into a big smile.

"Oh, you must be Jonathan?" She asks.

"You've heard of me?". They both shake hands.

"Of course, you're the only one she talks about." I punch her in the arms, making her stop talking.

Jonathan turns to me with the look he gave the first night that we met, sitting far away from me, but still sensing what he needed and what I wanted. He smacks his lips as he looks at his watch.

"Well, I sure am glad to hear that, but I need to leave you two lovely ladies. I assume you're coming with Ms May tonight?" Says, Jonathan.

"Yes, she just can not enjoy a celebration without me." I am seriously going to kill her! I hide my face behind my hand as I look around the shop to save myself from further discomfort.

"I'll see you both tonight. Especially you, Angelica." He turns and walks away.

"He's yummy, Angie. How could you leave him the night after you slept with him? If I were you, I wouldn't do that." Says Nat.

"Yeah, well, that one-night stand was just a one-night stand, not a doorway to a serious relationship. And even if I think of having something with him, I can't. He's already got a girlfriend."

"What?! Oh no, she couldn't....."

As she speaks and we both walk out of the store, Everything got silent for me. I look around the far end of the mall where I see Jonathan and Juliana walking away, laughing, holding each other arm to arm, just having fun.

Is Nat right? Was it more than just a fling? Because this never happened before. I never felt..

"Jealousy."