Involvement.

We reach home and I could see Nat waiting for me at the front door looking like she had just lost her child.

I get out of the car and she runs towards me, hugging me like she's never hugged me before.

She pushes me back, searching for any types of cuts and scrapes.

"Where the h*ll have you been?"

"Ignoring her question, I point directly where Ethan was standing."

She walks towards him and lets out her hand for him to shake.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Natalia Polinski."

"Ethan Cooper, pleasure to meet you,"

"Please come in. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have seen her alive."

"Nat!" I look at her with an angry expression as I rush into the apartment.

-----------

Nat makes us both a hot cup of coffee as she hands out our cups.

She sits down right in front of me and stares at me, trying to get to talk now.

"So?"

"So what?"

"What happened, Angie?"

"Nothing happened, okay? Will you just let it go?" I get up in frustration, as I never wanted to have this conversation in front of Ethan. But I guess he's just as involved as he is now.

"Let this go? I called you and your phone was switched off. I tried to call your office number and there were no answers. I finally get a call back from you and you tell to drive back home?" Do you think that I'm gonna be okay like this? Pretending as if nothing happened? How can you even ask me that?

"Alright, God. I'm sorry, okay? I shout at her, instantly regretting that I shouldn't."

I look at Ethan, who realised that I wanted him to go outside so I could talk to Nat alone.

"I'll be outside on the balcony," he says as he walks out of the room.

------After a few minutes--------

"Hey" I come up from behind him.

Can I join? I ask.

"It's your home, Ms May. I guess that gives you the right to be anywhere you want to be."

I giggle and I walk right beside him.

We stare at the view in silence for a few minutes. Pretty ironic, but I didn't want to end this night, not with him. Being near him had an impact on me that I couldn't understand myself. It was like I knew how he was and how perfectly safe he will keep me if I was his. But I guess this is just my fantasy, not his. Many women around the city would be dying to be rescued by someone like him.

"Just Angelica, please."

"Alright, you feeling okay now?" He asks.

"A lot better, actually, thank you."

"Natalia seems like a bossy lady." I could use someone like her in my company, you know.

I laugh. "I highly doubt that, working with her would mean the endgame of your entire life,"

"I guess I can manage that." I actually am still managing that. And I think my achievements it's enough proof to show that.

Well, at least you love what you're doing.

Silence falls on us like heavy rain on a sunny day.

"Who was he, Angelica?"

My expression changes as I try to dodge the question.

Do you know...I get interrupted in between.

"You're not just my employee, Angelica, you're a person. A pretty special person. And not only does working in my company steal that right away, but it also makes me guarantee your safety. You can just tell me who he was so I can take legal action against him or you can make this hard on both of us. It's up to you."

Ugh, I hate it when I know someone else's right. Since I left home, I never gave anyone permission to look after me, Nor I ever asked anyone. But this is a situation where even I didn't know how to come back up. I needed help, I needed the support, though I never ever thought of having the support that I needed from my boss.

Automatically, I find myself gazing into his eyes as I used to when I was a little girl looking into the night sky. His deep blue eyes were hypnotizing like a pendulum clock being used on me.

A noise comes from the kitchen as if Nat just dropped something, which was an eye-opener for both of me and Ethan. He's my boss and I work for him. The kind of relationship I'm fantasising about is never going to happen. So I might as well let it go.

"I think I should go, Says Ethan."

"Thanks for dropping me. I highly appreciate it."

"Nothing can stop me from saving a woman like you, Ms May."

I couldn't help but blush under the moon. I felt like I was in a movie, playing a role where the Main actress falls in love with his first attraction, who eventually ends up kissing under the galaxy.

"Here's your phone back." Thank you for letting me use it.

"Anytime."

We share one last look as he turns to go. But he stops.

"And about the intruder who attacked you."

I look at him as looks at me with the intensity I only see when someone's working as a gangster or something.

"I'm gonna find out who he is."

"Not for my company, but also for you."

"Whatever our differences are, I can't afford to lose a perfectly good employee...Well..pardon me..a woman like you."

He smiles as he storms off, leaving me thinking about our fantasy land even more.

Although I did know who I was working for when I was first offered this job and I knew about what Ethan Cooper has built so far, one thought got stuck in my mind.

"Who, really, is Ethan Cooper?"