Chapter 11 Rules

"I eat fish, shrimps, crabs, and most seafood. According to early literature, dolphins' favorite food should be squid." Lian Yue touched his chin and paused, "But now I can't go to sea anymore, so I can't be sure. Are there still squid and other aquatic creatures that can live in the deep sea? I am sure there are no squid in the human base."

"Yeah." Shen Lin nodded, "Then..."

Before he finished speaking, there was another knock on the door of the laboratory.

The student who had just received Shen Lin came in. She brought drinks to Lian Yue and Shen Lin on a tray.

Shen Lin looked down and saw that the cup was empty.

It seems that the Endangered Species Research Institute is really frugal to the point of being a little shabby.

Not even a cup of tea is served to entertain guests.

Lian Yue, who looked pampered, didn't say much, and took a sip of cold water as usual: "What did Mr. Shen want to say just now?"

Shen Lin looked at the water in the cup, made sure there were no impurities in it, took a sip, and looked up: "Is there anything that dolphins are afraid of?"

"Dolphins are at the top of the food chain. They are not even afraid of sharks. If there are any natural enemies... they are killer whales." Lian Yue thought for a while, then her expression suddenly changed subtly, and it was quickly covered up. "Because killer whales are the largest in the dolphin family and have ferocious temperaments, they are one of the very few creatures in nature that have no natural enemies."

Shen Lin carefully recalled the scene when Wen Ling was frightened at the traceability seafood market that day, and was very sure that there were no killer whales there.

There are small sharks.

Thinking about this, Shen Lin asked: "Aren't dolphins afraid of sharks?"

"Not afraid." Lian Yue shook her head firmly and replied, "Dolphins are social animals and rarely appear alone. Although sharks are ferocious, they will not attack groups of dolphins. On the contrary, groups of dolphins sometimes attack sharks."

Shen Lin said thoughtfully: "That's it."

Lian Yue observed Shen Lin's expression, raised her eyebrows slightly, and asked abruptly: "Why is Mr. Shen suddenly so interested in dolphins? Is it just because he watched the documentary?"

"Not entirely." Shen Lin sat upright and skillfully assumed the posture of a CEO. "If you have read my interview, you should know that I have a deep connection with dolphins."

"I haven't paid attention to it." Lian Yue didn't even bother to raise her eyelids. "I'm only interested in animals, not people."

"All right."

After seeing too much flattery and hearing too much flattery, such simple "normal person" conversation made Shen Lin feel very comfortable.

Although Dean Kyle, the most authoritative person in biology, was not present, Lian Yue did solve his doubts just as the student said.

The conversation was almost over at this point. Shen Lin could see that Lian Yue was not interested in meeting him and was not prepared to stay any longer. He put down the cup in his hand and stood up. Out of politeness, he took the initiative to shake hands with Lian Yue.

"That's about it. Thank you for clarifying my doubts. If you need any help in the future, just ask."

After talking about the topic he was interested in, Lian Yue was not ready to continue chatting. He wanted to send the person away quickly, but after hearing the second half of the sentence, his eyelids raised, and his dark pupils flickered.