Secret Scheme

Sylvia

I knew that Desire was upset with me, but I was just trying to put some excitement in her life. All she does is work hard coming up with different formulas for chemicals. I had to threaten her just so she would take a much needed vacation. She is only twenty-five, but she acts like she is an old maid. Hell I'm sixty-five and I act younger than my granddaughter.

"Sylvia how long do you think you are going to be able to keep up with this fractured ankle charade?" Charles asked.

Charles was a dear friend of mine. He was an orthopedic doctor in which he was easy on the eyes to be sixty years old. I had him to help me set this whole thing up. If Desire finds out this was all an act, she will resent me for a very long time.

"Charles I plan on keeping this charade up until Desire realizes that she needs a man like August in her life. She has been living under the shadows and by the rules that her parents want, well mostly my daughter." I looked over at Charles and he just shook his head.

"Sylvia you are something else. I just hope this works because I thought that she was seeing Chandler."

"Oh pooh. Chandler is a prick and he is a bore. He may be easy on the eyes, but he can't handle a woman like Desire. He thinks that he can because she lets him, but August that handsome young man can handle her quite well." I smiled confidently.

"I'm curious though, how did you meet him anyway?" Charles asked as her ran his hand across his wavy hair.

"Oh I will have to tell you that on our next meeting. Right now I have to make sure that everything is good with Desire."

Charles nodded in understanding. The rest of the evening Charles and I talked and schemed.

*********

Desire

I still was seething with anger. First I was angry with my grandmother and lastly I was angry with August. He was just so damn, I couldn't even find the words right now. I stood in the middle of my room angrily stripping out of my sweats and t-shirt. I already had my long hair piled on top of my head in a messy bun. I walked inside my bathroom. I filled the tub with water and scented bubbles. I sat on the edge of the my jacuzzi style tub, still thinking about my impromptu meeting with August.

I turned the water off and took my undies off stepping into the warm water. I moaned and got comfortable in the tub. I can't figure out why my grandmother feels the need to interfere in my personal life. I sure hope she don't think that I will fall for August because that is not about to happen. I admit he is fine, but still he just wasn't my type. My type was Chandler, yet I couldn't figure out why. For one thing its comfortable and it works for the both of us.

Chandler is a nice looking man and he comes from the same background I do, but even with that, there is still something missing. My parents love Chandler, well mostly my mother loves him. She is steady throwing hints about me getting married and having kids. That I am not ready for. I'm only twenty-five and there are things that I still want to achieve career wise. For some reason August kept creeping in my thoughts and I didn't like that one bit.

I washed my body and got out grabbing a towel. I dried off and wrapped a towel around my body. I put some cocoa butter on my body. I went to my underwear drawer and found some lace boy shorts and a matching cami. I stood in the mirror and took my hair down. My hair fell to my lower back. I inherited my hair from my mom and grandmother. I was mixed with Native American. I combed through my hair and then piled it right back on top of my head.

I turned my tv on and channel surfed. I stopped on Atlanta Exes about to get into it when my doorbell rang. I sighed getting up to put my robe on. I slowly walked down the stairs making my way to the door. I swung the door open and it was Chandler. He stood in the door frame sizing me up.

"Chandler what are you doing here?"

"I was just leaving the office and you were on my mind, so I thought I would stop by."

I already knew why he stopped by. One because he wanted to have sex and two he wanted to find out whose house I was cleaning. He knew about me filling in for my grandmother and he didn't really like the idea of me doing that.

I really didn't wanna have sex with Chandler because he got more out of it than I did. He would moan, and grunt and then it would be over as soon as it started. Therefore I never even get the chance to be pleasured or even satisfied. Now telling him who I was working for was something I don't think he would be ready for.

"Can I come in?" He asked smiling down at me.

I stared at his honey colored face as he narrowed his brown eyes at me. It was like he was trying to gage my reaction to him. I finally stepped back and let him in. He walked to the sofa in the living area and patted the spot next to him. I inwardly groaned and walked over to him with the fakest smile. Sometimes I don't even know why I put up with this thing we have. I mean I don't need a man for anything especially the sex, if it is gonna be over in two minutes.

"So how was your day?" He asked as he rubbed his manicured hand on my thigh.

"It was nice." I said clearing my throat as I looked down at his hand resting on my thigh.

"Desire whose house are you gonna be cleaning for the next month?"

I bit down on my lip thinking if I should tell him or not. I looked at him and I could tell that he was trying to read me. I sighed and took deep breath because when he finds out it's a man, he is gonna be livid, but once I say his name I already know all hell gonna break loose.

"Chandler his name is AugustAlsina." I said hurriedly.

"Wait, Desire I could've sworn you just said August Alsina." He stopped rubbing my thigh looking at me with and intensity that could burn a hole in my head.

"I did." I got off the sofa going in the kitchen.

I left him sitting there in his thoughts. I knew he didn't like this, but I was doing this for my grandmother. Whatever I do I have to make sure that they never cross paths because Chandler runs out with his cocky attitude, but hell August ain't no better. I could tell he was a force to reckon with just from the brief encounter I had with him. He has no filter and will say whatever he feels.

I got a feeling that somehow Chandler is going to make sure their paths meet up....Lord help us all..

August

I was laying on my bed watching re-runs of Fresh Prince of Bel-Air. My thoughts kept going to the housekeeper. I didn't even get her name. All I know she is Mrs. Sylvia's granddaughter. Now that I think about it I can see the resemblance. The next time she comes, if she even comes back I need to find out what her name is. I know she probably has a prim and proper name. She was a beautiful woman, but what has me confused is why she housekeeping?

I admire a strong black woman that handles her own and has set goals that they intend to reach. All I know things were going to get interesting and I was gonna make sure of that....