A Night To Remember

August

I stood in the mirror looking at my reflection. A nigga was clean fa' this event and a ho' could tell me nothin. I had on my custom made Gucci suit, with the Gucci dress shoes to match. I had my diamond cuff links that were hand-crafted into the letter A. I was Gucci all the way to the socks. I even had my glasses on to top it all off. I already knew that Desire was gon' be on point, hell the whole damn family was gon' be on point. I went to the bar and made me a quick shot of Henny. I had to wait a while befo' I could head out because I was actually surprising Desire. I couldn't wait to see the look on her face when I walk inside the ballroom.

I took a seat in the spacious living area inside my suite. I kept having this feelin' that some shit was gon' pop off soon. I hope like hell I get everything situated before things go too far. Mr. Monroe has been keeping me informed and Big T has been on guard, so I am sure everything is good. One thing that is weighin' heavily on my mind, is Marcus. I know that I didn't kill him, but my question is where the hell this nigga hidin' at? I stretched my legs out and started thinkin' about all this crazy ass shit. I sighed and rubbed my hand down my face in frustration, because I was stressin the hell out behind this shit, but Chandler fucked up and I had to let him know Aug don't play that bullshit.

I looked at my Rolex and I knew that I didn't have too much longer before I had to head out. I stood and looked out the window at the busy Atlanta traffic. I could see people walking inside to the ballroom. I narrowed my eyes when I saw a familiar face one that I hadn't seen in a while. I knew just seeing that person some shit was gon' pop off. I just wondered who that nigga was that she was with. I turned around and walked back over to the sofa. I grabbed my phone and was about to make a call when my phone rung. I was a lil surprised to see who was calling.

"Hello."

"Hey August, how are you doing?"

"I can't complain. How you doin?"

"I'm good, but listen August I need you to be alert of who is around tonight. There is a lot going on and I'm just trying to keep the peace with out ruining the night for Desire."

"I'm already on it and I am gonna do everything I can to protect her, but at some point we need to tell her what's going on."

"I agree, but we just can't do it tonight."

"Agreed."

"Ok love I will see you later."

"See ya soon."

I ended the call and stared off in space. Things are really about to go in the wrong direction and it appears it is going to be sooner than later. Something tells me it is more to this whole situation than what meets the eye.

Desire

"Grandma, who were you talking to?" I asked as I tilted my head back for the makeup artist.

"Oh just a friend. Nothing for you to worry your pretty lil head about." She said as she walked off inside her closet.

I sighed because I knew it was something going on, but nobody is telling me anything. Now I'm starting to wonder what the hell happened that night that August and Twan left the hospital. I know its something, but tonight I'm gonna try not to worry too much about it. Landa had finally finished my makeup and I looked in the mirror. She did a wonderful job and I was very pleased.

"Thanks Landa. I love it!"

"No problem love. You are going to look gorgeous." She said smiling warmly at me.

I turned around on the stool and my grandmother came back with a dress bag. I was nervous as hell because I didn't know what kind of dress my grandmother had gotten made for me. She always did the most, but I loved her dearly.