Secret Revelation

August

I had been hella busy today. Tonight was the night of the Charity Ball. Desire thought that I was still out of town, but I had got back to the A about an hour ago. I was now about to go get my shape up and from there I was gon' get my tux. Desire was gon' be surprised when I walked inside the Ritz Carlton ballroom. There was no way that I was gon' miss Desire being honored tonight. A nigga couldn't be more proud of her than I am.

My mind instantly went back to when I first met her and she was layin in my bed like she belonged. Truth be told she did belong, I just didn't know it then, but now I do and I don't want nobody but Desire Monroe in my bed. I know my brotha smiling down on me right na' because I'm doing good and I'm truly blessed. My barber had just finished shaping me and I paid him. I rose from my seat and dapped him. I walked out to finish everything else I had to do. I had already booked a suite where the Charity Ball was being held so everything was running smoothly.

I had just stepped inside my Range when my phone rung. I looked at the name that flashed across the screen and I knew what the deal was. I swiped the answer key, sighing deeply.

"What's poppin, Mr. Monroe?"

"I just wanted to let you know that Chandler was moved to another location, because shit was getting heavy around here, but I got everything under control."

"I already knew you would. At some point we gotta tell Desire what's going on, but I don't wanna ruin her night tho." I ran my hands through my curls in frustration.

"I know son, but tonight I want this to be a night that she will always remember. I'm just glad you came into her life. I'm not sure how and why it happened, but I am happy as hell that you did."

That felt good hearing that because I was just a yungin that came from the hood, but I didn't let that shit control me and take me out.

"Mr. Monroe you my nigga. Be'lee dat."

"Respect August."

Right after those final words I hung up and made it to the Tuxedo Shop. I went in and the lady behind the counter assisted me. While I was waiting there was this girl that looked to be my age, tryna to get my attention, but I wasn't interested. I started scrolling through my phone in hopes that she wouldn't come my way. No sooner than the thought crossed my mind she approached me.

I looked up at her and she was a nice-looking girl, but she wasn't Desire.

"Hey, I 'm Chasity." She said as she stared me down like a nigga was a piece of popeye's chicken.

"Sup." I was tryin like hell to be short wit her ass, so she would go back where tha hell she came from.

"I'm a fan of your music. I really admire you for what you do, you are a great artist."

"Preciate ya." I said as I looked over her shoulder to see the lady bringing my tux. I gladly stepped around her to get my tux so that I could get tha hell away from this thirsty ass girl.

I walked past her and I could see the salty ass look on her face, but a nigga wasn't interested. I got back in my Range and headed to the Ritz. I was gonna chill there, because I wanted to stay lowkey until tonight. Tonight was going be a night that Desire was gon' cherish and I was gon' make damn sure of that.

Desire

I was sitting in the nail salon with Nedra and Netra. They were laughing and talking, but I was depressed cause I was missing August. I was gonna miss him more tonight because he wasn't gonna get to attend the ball. I understood that when work calls he had to go. I was so proud of him. He is so focused and he is such a hard and dedicated worker. He is so passionate about his music and I love that about him.