Fake Fairytale

Desire

"Who the hell are you and what the fuck do you mean you're my father?" I glared at him as he stared down at me.

"Your mother never told you about us did she?"

"Hell no why would she? Look I don't know what kind of sick game you playin, but I suggest you take that shit on somewhere. My father's name is David Monroe." I stepped around him.

"I see you have the same attitude that Renee has. I know this is crazy, but you really need to talk to your mother. Apparently she has been living a fairytale. She has been lying to you and to David."

I turned and looked at him not knowing how to respond. This shit was crazy as hell.

"Desire I know this is all confusing, but believe me your mother ain't the person she tries to portray. You really need to talk to her and see what she tells you. Here is my contact information. He passed me a business card. "Ask her about our meeting." He said as he walked off.

I leaned up against the wall as I looked down at the card in my hand. I didn't know what to feel or what the hell to think. All this shit is coming out of nowhere. That made me think about that envelope at my house. I'm almost scared to open it because I already know its some bullshit with that more than likely. I knew that I needed to get back out there, but my mind was fucked up.

I walked back in the bathroom and looked at myself in the mirror. I just stood there zoned out. I wanted to fuck something or somebody up, but at the moment I had to try to remain calm. I stood there a few more minutes and walked out. I was about to go pay my mother a visit. I knew it was late and all, but I wanted answers now.

I got back to the table and smiled weakly. Everybody was looking at me and I'm sure my face is showing all types of emotions.

"Desire what's wrong?" August asked.

"We need to leave now. I got some shit to handle."

"What tha' hell you gotta handle at 10:30 at night?"

"I will explain everything later, but right now I'm on a mission. Y'all I'm sorry to end this night, but something unexpected has come up." I grabbed my MK tote and headed towards the door.

August was right behind me. The walk to the car was silent. I could feel his eyes on me, but right now my mind was all over the place. He opened the door for me to get in and he walked around and got in.

"Desire I'm not moving this fuckin' car until you tell me what tha' hell is wrong?" He said as he reclined in his seat.

"Really, August now is not the damn time. I told you I would tell you later and that's what the hell I meant. If you not moving this car I will go inside and get Nedra to take me where I need to go." I placed my hand on the door about to get out.

August grabbed my arm and I turned and looked at him. We just stared at each other and all you could hear was our breathing.

"So what is it gonna be August?"

"Where you need ta' go?"

"My parents house?"

"Desire what tha' fuck bruh? Did something happen while you were in tha' restroom?"

"August you will find out soon enough. Now just please get me to my parents house."

"A'ight." He backed out and got on the road.

We rode in silence as I looked out the window at the passing scenery. August reached over and placed his hand on my thigh. I placed my hand on top of his, but I still didn't look in his direction. A few minutes later we were pulling into my parents driveway.