~Astronaut~

Theme - Space

Timeline -Modern Day

Soobin POV

The night is dull, the dark sky consuming those who speak poorly about its existence. Stars sparkling and dancing across it to attract the attention of even those in the lowest of states. Such an entrancing sight pulling my attention away from the tear stained hands that I had hung my head over. I watched with pure intent, wishing I could fly away into the night sky like the shooting stars cross the galaxy in a streak of light. Feeling the cries echoing out of my weak chest as more tears warmed my cheeks. The stars gleaming in my tears, fluttering my eyes closed to try and silence my own wild thoughts. 'Why must I be forced here, on this burning rock. Why can't I exist among the stars that glint and gleam above this world?' . The whistling wind pulled my attention back to the world. Opening my eyes to see the sky once again, a peaceful statement of what I wish the world was like.

"Do you come here to watch the stars as well?" A soft voice hummed a few feet from me, causing me to jump away from it. Eyes landing on a young boy dressed warmly in a big light blue hoodie. His outward appearance seemed soft, from his fluffy brown hair to the plush dolphin in his arms. My eyes glance over his appearance before sniffling and looking away, "Y-yeah, They help me come to terms with life." My voice sounded kinda hoarse from crying, exhaling deeply to help fix the mess of a state I was in. "Do you mind if I sit with you then?" The fluffy haired boy asked quietly, approaching the bench slowly. My head falling into a gentle nod as I made room for him. Seeing the boy waddle over and plop down on the bench, staring up at the stars in awe.

Silence had fallen in the dense night air, finding it almost peaceful between me and this Boy. "How old are you.?" The question rang in my ear from my left side. I hesitated for a moment before taking a deep breath to answer, "19..You?". My weary eyes glared over at him, watching as his face lit up into a bright smile, "I'm 17. Can't you tell?" He huffed cutely and slumped in his seat, almost pouting at me. A gentle scuff came with a shake of my own head as I sat up straight, listening to my back cracking from being bent over for so long. "Honestly, You look much younger than 17." I honestly hummed and stretched my arms out, groaning at the tense pain that throbbed through my sore muscles.

"I don't look that young! " He whined at me, causing a low giggle to leave past my lips. "Isn't it past your bed time?" I tried to change the subject, standing slowly and patting off my clothes. "I'm sure your parents are worried.." The words burned as they left my throat, remembering my own quarry with my parents earlier that evening. "N-no, actually they kicked me out.." his voice seemed forced as he looked at the plushie in his arms. I chew at my lip as I settle my eyes back on the smaller male, worry spreading across my face as I sit back beside him. "Why did they do that?" I almost struggled against the question, growing concerned for this young boy. He sat up and huffed softly, looking at me with soft eyes and pouty lips, "T-They said they couldn't deal with me anymore...".

I go silent as I think for a few moments, chewing my lip in thought. "Do you have anywhere to go?" I grew more worried some for the younger as he shook his head no and slowly yawned into the plush. Slowly watching as the boy got sleepier, despite us having a conversation. I quickly placed a hand on the youngers shoulder and looked at his face gently, trying to keep from freaking him out. "What's your name?" My question seemed normal enough, but I'm sure it's odd to have a complete stranger ask you as you slowly fall asleep. "Kai. Huening Kai~ You Hyung?" Kai yawned and stretched as he blinked his eyes rapidly to stay awake. I gently hum at the formality of the sleepy boy, "Soobin, Choi Soobin.".

Kai hums and gently grabbed my hand as he moved closer and leaned on my shoulder and hugged my arm. "Soobinnie Hyung~ Will I be one of those one day?" Kai whispered as he pointed slowly up towards the stars that danced under the moons light. Smiling gently I hum a soft yes, "Hopefully we both become one, So then maybe one day someone can look up at us and find hope in themselves." I felt proud of my answer, glancing down at the younger and seeing him slowly drift off to sleep. I decided to leave him be, letting him sleep at my side as I continued to gaze over the stars as the silent night continued forward with soft winds.

~Sometime Later~

I fell into my role over time, taking Huening Kai under my care for the time being. Slowly we trusted each other, sharing anything with one another and getting super close. So close that most mornings I awake with Kai next to me fast asleep. He constantly thanks me for taking him in and caring for him. We know shine brightly among the normal people of this world, cuddling close even in the darkest of nights to brighten up the skies. 

Yet we never forget what brought us together. Going out every evening to watch the stars gleam and glimmer in memory of that silent night. We are now Stars like the ones above, our caring love for one another shining bright. Kai is just as much my star as I am his astronaut, finding him and showing him just how bright he is. We now float across the galaxy, hiding from the cruel world in our own imaginations.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

I haven't slept buttttt I wanted to finish this up. Not to long but I've been listening to this song for like 3 days straight so I just wanted to write something kinda cute idk. ALSO, I'm really falling for ChangLix ship, so maybe I'll do something for that at one point. A BIG THANKS TO ALL MY READERS FOR 2K READS! OML I'M SO HAPPY PEOPLE LIKE THESE STORIES!! Also also, to the readers that follow me on twitter thank you for dealing with my constant nonsense on there hahaha. <3