~Baby Steps Pt.2~

Summary- After Soobin found out about hueningkais Secret Little life, he takes him in as his caretaker. Learning the ups and downs of caring for a little, along side the joy of it all.

Word Count - 7,300+

-|Previously|-

Kais Eyes flickered around on Soobins caring face. Wanting to cry as the older simply pulled him closer, hugging him gently. "Its okay pup, you're in safe hands now."

Tears started to fall at the words that whisked past his ears. Soaking Soobins shirt with what felt like years of Built up sorrow. Slipping into his head space within seconds. "H-hwungie.." Kai cried softly, hands gripping at his lower shirt.

Soobin rubbed his back, planting sweet kisses to his head before pulling away to look at him. Rubbing his cheeks free of tears slowly, "There's no need to cry pup. Hyungies always here, no matter whats happening up in your little head"

-|3 Months After|-

After finding out about Kais little space Soobin has never been more excited yet terrified. He promised himself and Hueningkai that he'd do what ever was necessary to care for the young boy during these times. This included giving up a large portion of his busy days to make the time to care for Kai when he needed him.

He couldnt keep count of how often he asked to do his work at home so that kai wouldnt be alone when he does slip. Soobin wouldnt change it however, no amount of extra work or sleepless nights will keep him from ruining the promise he made Kai.

That was until one day Soobin had no choice. The company he worked for NEEDED him to come in today instead of working at home. This of course caused some trouble with hueningkai that morning.

- |Monday. 9:30 Am|-

"B-but hwungie. Ningning doesn't want you to leave. I'm swared to be awone" kai sniffles softly, a heavy pout laying on his perfect lips. Watching as the older buttoned up his shirt, sitting on the bed with his plush toobin in his arms.

Soobin sighed softly, glancing up at his pout only to frown sadly. Walking over to the sad boy, rubbing his cute cheeks as he hums. "I know pup, You wont be alone. I asked Yeonjunnie hyung to bring taehyun over so you wouldnt be scared while im gone." he explained, pushing the small stray hairs that curled cutely behind kais ear.

This only made the boy whine as he moved closer and hugged Soobins lower haft. "No hyungie, ningning wants to stay with you." kai whined again, looking up at the older with big puppy dog eyes. This of course made Soobin sigh and pet the soft hair of the smaller boy. "You cant just come to my work pup. You'll get very bored" he tried to explain softly, gently watching Kais pretty eyes sparkle with big crocodile tears.

Staring up from where he sat,Kai wasnt taking no as an answer. Puffing his cheeks out cutely, laying his head against his slightly toned stomach. "Pleeaaasseeee, I'll be weally good daddy" kai cutely begged, wiggling gently as a soft whine left his lips. Smally smiling at the soft laughter that eoched past Soobins lips, knowing well how soft the nickname made the older.

"Alright fine. I'll bring you to work, but you have to behave yourself. Promise?" Soobin hummed, leaning down to peck a Kiss on Kais forehead as the younger giggled. Hearing his tiny 'promise Hyungie' from under his breath.

Pulling him up afterwards to get dressed. Helping to pick out the others outfit so he would be comfy while there. Grabbing a baby yellow hoodie that read 'Baby Boy' on it, along with some cute baby blue overalls that Hueningkai really liked; They also had the cutest flowers on the pockets that soobin personally  really liked.
-
While Kai was dressing himself with little to no struggle, Soobin was packing a little bag so he wouldnt be without anything that was normally needed when Kai was little. Today was very special, kai had awoken this morning in little space. This is never normally the case, but due to a really bad dream he regressed in his slumber. It definitely proved to be a bit more of a challenge then most days.