Chapter 4

-= Venus' POV =-

I don't know what has gotten into me. Leaving him was the right thing to do, but why do I feel guilty?
I walked into my dorm and went straight back to bed. I only have a couple more hours of sleep before my alarm goes off.
He needs to get out of my mind and I need to talk to Cedric in the morning.

We all finished breakfast and we went our separate ways to our classes.
I have charms, and so does Cedric.
I walk into the classroom and sit next to him.
He looks at me with a warm smile.
"Good morning!" He's as cheery as always, and I greet him with a smile.
I figure now is not the best time to talk to him about what the Weasley twins told me, so I decide to let it slip for now.

Class is over and I went straight to the library with Ginny and Hermione to study.
I have an assignment for Transfiguration that has to be done in a couple days, and Ginny and Hermione are making homework.
"Why is Draco staring at you?" Ginny says after a while. I don't look up to him so he doesn't know we're talking about him.
"I don't know, just ignore him."
Ginny and Hermione continue doing their homework and I continue studying.
I smoothly meet his eyes and see him staring at me with no shame at all, and I quickly look back at my book.

After half an hour Ginny and Hermione leave and head to their classes. I don't have class for another hour so I decide to continue studying a different subject, when I notice Draco walking up to me.
I pretend I don't see it.
He sits down next to me and looks at me.
"Enjoying the peace and quiet now are we?"
He slowly moves his head closer to mine when I ignore him.
"I can help you." He whispers into my ear.
I stare at my book trying not to focus all my senses on him. I don't need this right now.
"Goodbye Malfoy." I say while I get up, grab my books and walk out of the library.
He's sitting there stunned by my response, and I can only imagine what he's thinking right now.

I walk into potions class and sit down next to Murphy. "Hey!" He whispers and I greet him.
"Today you'll be working in pairs for this potion, everything is explained in your textbook, I expect no failures." Snape says and with the last statement he looks right at me.
I feel uncomfortable and open my textbook.
"You're good at potions right?" I ask Murphy and he nods.
"Great! Then you can help me."
I smile and we start working on the potion.
Snape dismisses the class and we all walk out into the corridor where Luna is waiting for us.
"Are you two going to the Quidditch match this afternoon?" Luna asks when she sees us.
"Sure why not." Murphy smiles and I agree.
"It's Slytherin vs Ravenclaw." Luna says and we continue walking out of the corridor.
I don't know what they're talking about, and I'm far gone into my own thoughts.
Slytherin. I'll be seeing Draco play.

We all arrive at the Quidditch match and we find our seats. Murphy was clever enough to make sure I'm sitting next to Cedric, but it's okay, I can use a friendly face right now.
Throughout the game I was rooting for Slytherin, and focusing on Draco more than I wanted too.
He ended up winning the game.

Afterwards everyone left but I lost my scarf so I decide to stay and look for it.
I told them it was okay to leave and that I'd catch up with them later. When I finally found my scarf I left the deserted Quidditch pitch.
I walk outside and I notice that Cedric waited for me.
"I told you, you didn't have to wait for me!"
I say to him and I let out a laugh.
"It's my pleasure, really." He responds with a big smile on his face.
"Well thank you then." And I smile at him.

"You're really pretty when you smile."
I did not expect him to say that and I look at him.
"I like your smile too." I say and I laugh, not knowing what to actually respond to him.
Just like that he kisses me. No warning.
He overwhelms me with it, but I don't pull back.
This is good. Cedric is a great guy and he wouldn't do anything to hurt me.
"What was that for?" I ask him.
"Nothing, I just wanted to kiss you again."
He responds and smiles from ear to ear.
I roll my eyes at him playfully.
It isn't until I look behind him, that I see Malfoy standing there.
He hadn't left yet, and he probably saw all of that given the fact that he's storming off right now.
I can't help but feel guilty, even though I shouldn't, I really shouldn't.

It's 6pm and everyone has gathered in the Great Hall for dinner.
I'm sitting with most of my friends and I decide to tell them about the kiss, definitely not about Malfoy.
"He kissed you?!" Flora raises her voice in surprise.
"Flora can you learn to keep your voice down?"
Murphy laughs.
"So it was a good thing you lost your scarf!" Hermione says and she seems genuinely excited.
We laugh and I eat some food off of my plate before continuing the conversation.
"Okay since no one is speaking up, are you guys a couple now?" Ginny asks and she grins.
Before I could answer her, Flora stars talking.
"I'll ask Jaimee if Cedric said something!" Flora gets up, but I pull her arm and tell her to sit down again.
"Not now Flo, everyone is here, are you dumb?"
She just gives me a look and laughs.

It's 9pm and we're all in the Gryffindor Common Room playing stupid, but fun games.
"I'll be back later, I'm going to the library for a while." I say and I hug the girls and the boys goodbye.
Nobody is allowed outside in the castle at this hour, and the library is closed, but Professor McGonagall gave me entree to the library at night so I can study.
She knows I'm genuinely either studying or reading in there, and I wouldn't abuse the library, or the privilege McGonagall has given me.
As I'm walking in the dark corridor in my warm pyjama's I notice the beautiful clear night sky from the window and I turn to look at it for a second.
I talk to the moon about some stuff, and then continue walking towards the library.
Talking to the moon helps me calm down, and it gives me a feeling of peace.
"Where are you going at this hour?"
I turn around and find myself looking in Draco's eyes. I learned not the question why he's out at this hour too, so I don't bother asking.
"To the library, not that it's any of your business anyways." I say with sarcasm in my voice.
He speeds his pace as I turn around and continue walking. He grabs my arm and turns me around.
"Why the hell did you kiss Cedric?"
I look at him surprised and I try to study his face, to figure out what he's thinking.
"Because he kissed me and I felt like kissing him back." I jack my arm out of his hand.
"Don't kiss him." He says and I notice a flicker of vulnerability in his voice.
"You don't get to tell me what to do Malfoy, I can kiss who I want to kiss."
I realize now his face has a hint of jealousy on it.
"Draco Malfoy, are you jealous?"
I say and I let out a short laugh.
"No of course not." He responds and his voice turns cold. I just look at him.
"Okay then, goodnight Malfoy."
I give him a small smile, turn around and continue my way towards the library.
He's out of his place to be jealous and to tell me who I can and can't kiss, but I like knowing I have that power over him, even if I have no idea why and we've only hooked up a couple times.