Chapter 33

-= 2 years later=-
July 27th

Life has been crazy. It's the middle of summer and I've had the best years of my life. Ginny, Hermione, and I take a girl's trip twice a year both in summer and it has been so amazing. We've arrived back from Costa Rica a week ago and we're still sad to be back.
The Weasley shop of Fred and George has never been more popular, Logan owled me and he told us that he's moving in with his girlfriend, Harry has made a lot of progress with Hogwarts' rebuilt, and honestly, I've never been happier in my life. I finally build something on my own, and it is amazing. I now own the bookstore under our apartment because Zoey moved to New York and she wanted me to continue the bookstore, so that's what I did.
It's a lot of work to own a business, and I really praise the twins that they've been doing it for so long, but I'd be lying if I said that I didn't love it.
Cody and I started dating last fall, and we've been dating for a little more than half a year now. I finally have my entire life back together, I can date other people without feeling guilty towards Draco, and I can smile and laugh at all the memories I have with him.
I'm not mad anymore, I'm still hurt, but it's a different kind of hurt. I forgive him, and I know he never had a choice and I accept it.
I haven't read the Daily Prophet in ages and I have no idea what the gossip is in the wizarding world, but if it's really good, either Harry or the twins will know and they'll tell us.
My years at Hogwarts have been the best in my entire life, and my life right now can't even top those. All the friends I've made, all the parties, all the sneaking out, all the dances, all the sleepovers, all the classes, all the Professors . . . all the everything. Literally, everything about Hogwarts is one big happy, fun memory. Even the bad things that happened there, all seem so small right now, like childhood fears and problems. I'm genuinely happy, and so are my friends.
Life is finally normal, and it's finally about my needs, and about my friends, and about my time.

I still think about him, but they are happy thoughts, I stopped crying about them a long time ago.  I still wonder every day where in life he is now. Has he escaped his father? Is he happy too?
I genuinely would like to get in contact with him again, because I forgave him, and it's not about the past anymore, it's all about the future.

''Morning sleepyhead.'' I say when Hermione finally wakes up. ''What time is it?'' She groans and I chuckle. ''It's 8am, I'm off to the bookstore and I'm getting ready for the reopening. Maybe you could do the same.'' I chuckle again. ''You're expected at work at 10am sharp.'' She groans in response and I laugh. I closed the bookstore a couple of months ago so we could change everything and have a grand opening. Since Zoey left everything was handed over to me, so I decided to change things up a bit. We basically removed all the furniture and everything inside, we stored all the books we sell in the back, and started redoing the interior.
We got dark brown bookshelves against the left side of the store, all against the wall, and three meters in front of those, more bookshelves so that they now form a small pathway. Against the back of those bookshelves, we have a medium-sized seating area with comfortable chairs and tables to read on. The right side has the same, only a smaller seating area and more bookshelves. We made it look even cozier and I'm really happy with the result.

''There is a line outside V!'' Hermione says in disbelief when she walks into the store via the backdoor. ''Really?'' I respond and peak through the windows.
''We're going to be really busy today.'' I say with a big smile on my face. We open at 10am and it's now 9.45am so we're checking the last details. Roxy, one of my employees, arrived too and helped us with checking. She mainly works behind the cashier.

''Ready?'' I ask when I stand in front of the door and look at Hermione and Roxy. ''Ready.'' They say at the same time and I open the door. I greet the first customers and walk back to the girls. I give them a knowing look and they have big smiles on their faces.