Chapter 16

The next morning I wake up in my bed, and am beyond happy that I'm back at Hogwarts.
I get out, make my bed and get into the bathroom.
I take a quick shower, put on my usual basic make-up, and get dressed. Today I dress in a skirt and a black long sleeve top, and my tie, all with my robe over it or course.
"Ready for breakfast?" I ask when I get out of the bathroom. "Did you grow some extra confidence or something?" Hermione says and points at the skirt. "I'm not judging don't worry, you look really good."
I chuckle and roll my eyes at her.

We walk into the Great Hall a little late, and once again, everyone is looking at us. "Great." I whisper and we chuckle. We walk over to our friends and start eating. It's been weird, and kind of, dark.
Ever since Dumbledore died, every breakfast, lunch and every dinner has been . . . off.
"Guys I have to tell you all something, I can't keep this for myself." Harry whispers and we all get closer to him. "When Dumbledore died, I was there." I gasp but continue listening. "I didn't kill him, nobody knew where I was, I was hidden." He takes a deep breath before continuing, "Draco almost killed him, he said something like that he had to do it otherwise he would kill him, and then Snape found me hiding, told me to ssh, went up to them and killed Dumbledore himself. . ."
"What!?" I raise my voice and people start staring at me. "Mind your own business." I yell at them and roll my eyes. "Sorry." Hermione shoots me a look. "Did you grow badass too or something?" She says and I chuckle. "Harry, are you sure?" Ron then asks and he nods. We all let out a sigh and don't know what to say. Breakfast continues a little quiet, and I'm once again left with my thoughts.
Would've Draco actually killed him if Snape didn't? I can't help but glance over at him, only to find him already staring at me, so I quickly look back at my plate. Having that thought in mind, Voldemort gave both of us the task, and I just basically fled, and with my dad gone . . . I don't think I'm safe anymore.

Everyone leaves after dinner on their way to class, but I don't have class till the next hour, so I take out my books and start doing some homework I missed. Although I don't think anything like this will matter anymore soon, I still do it to take my mind off other things. I notice that Draco also hadn't left and he's now walking over to me.
"Where have you been, Bright?" He asks and invites himself to sit down next to me.
I ignore him and he takes my chin and makes my face meet his. "What the fuck Malfoy? Let go of me." I say and slap his hand away.
"Answer me." I roll my eyes. "I was away, not that it's any of your business." I sigh and continue staring at my books.
He rudely closes them and I'm now forced to look at him. "What do you want Malfoy?" I ask and meet his eyes. "I was worried." He responds and I scoff at him. "You have no fucking right to be worried about me. You left me. Now piss off, or I'll go." I stare at him hoping that he'll leave.
"Don't fucking tell me what to do." He says with his jaw clenched, and I roll my eyes at him and gather my stuff and leave. "Guess we're back to this huh." I say, and he grabs my wrist tight, making me stop walking.
"Seriously Malfoy, Let go." I free my wrist and walk away.
What the fuck just happened? Are we back to being nothing, and being rude to each other? I swear to god he's so unpredictable, but he has no right to tell me that he was worried about me. He left me, then I left him, only . . . a different kind of leaving.
His entire behavior, hell his entire personality changed towards me, and I'm not sure what to think about it.

My first class is Defense Against the Dark Arts.
I know Draco has it too, but so do Hermione and Harry so I'm glad I'll be with them.
We all walk into class and sit down at our seats.
I sit down next to Harry and he gives me a warm smile. I feel like we're all just ignoring what we all know is going to happen. These days it's just waiting for war to break lose, and I hate being in the dark, not knowing when shit is gonna go down.
I keep feeling his stare on my back. Draco sits right behind me and I feel it digging a hole in my back.
"Will you just stop staring at me Malfoy?" I say irritated and turn around to face him. He smirks at me, but doesn't look away. "Really, find another girltoy to play with." I scoff, roll my eyes and turn back around. I bet he didn't expect me to say that.
During class I whisper with Harry about all kinds of stuff, and I know it's driving Malfoy crazy.
I don't want to use Harry, but we're just whispering and gossiping, so I'm not doing anything wrong.