Chapter 21

-= Draco's POV =-

I wake up at 7.30am and get into the shower.
The test is the first period so I don't have time to study anymore. I'm really glad Venus decided to study with me till 2am last night, and I think that the study session saved my grade.
I get out of the shower, put on my uniform and grab my books. "Blaise wake up." I say and throw a pillow at him. He grunts and I roll my eyes.
"Fine, skip the test."

I walk into the Great Hall, and it's filled with tables and chairs for every student to take the test.
I scan the area and look for Venus, but I can't find her. Weird. She's always on time, especially when she has to take a test.
I take a random seat and sit down to take the test. After 10 minutes every student who has to take the test has arrived, and we've all gotten the piece of paper.
I fill in my answers for the first questions, but I trail off. "Malfoy." Someone whispers and I look to my right. "Give me the answers." Pansy whispers and I shrug. "Fuck off Parkinson." I roll my eyes and focus on my own test again.
It's hard to focus when I don't know where she is, but I do the best I can. I can't fucking fail.
I finish the test, turn it in, and quickly leave the Great Hall. I'm not allowed in the Gryffindor Common Room, so the first place I look is the library, where I saw her last.
I'm probably overreacting this and she's probably just sleeping . . . but with the events that have happened lately, I just need to protect her, and be sure that she's safe.

The library has just opened when I arrive and luckily for me, nobody has been in here yet.
I walk in and scan my surroundings, I walk to the spot where we sat yesterday.
There's nothing special, but when I see her book laying under the table, sudden anxiety flashes through my body. I pick it up and I recognize it immediately. It's hers. She had it with her last night. I know she would've never left without it, or leave it on the floor like this.
I'm going to regret doing what I'm going to do, but I have to know if she's fucking okay.

"Granger! Weasley!" I call when I see them sitting at a table together.
"Where's Venus?" I ask and they look up to me. "Jeez good to see you too." Weasley says sarcastically and I roll my eyes at her. "We figured she was with you, why?" Hermione asks and I'm somewhat surprised by how she's talking to me, given the fact that I've bullied her forever.
"Well she isn't, and she wasn't at the fucking test we had, and I don't fucking know where she is."
They look at each other and then back at me. They better not make me regret even talking to them. If anyone sees me talking to them- but my thoughts get cut off by Ginny. "She hasn't slept in her bed, and I don't know where she is . . ."
I basically slam the book on the table out of frustration and their eyes go wide.
"Draco, where did you find that?" Hermione asks and I look at her. "In the library, where I saw her last, last night." It takes every ounce of willpower not to break something or punch the wall. Controlling my anger has never been a strong point of mine.
"She would never leave this, this book is special to her, something is wrong." Ginny says and without hesitation, they both get up.
"Where are you going!?" I call after them when they run out of the Great Hall.
"To find her!" They respond and I run after them. I must look like a lunatic, running after these two, but I have to find her. They have no idea where to start, and I do.

''Stop!'' I yell when Hermione and Ginny get to the Gryffindor Common Room. ''She's not in there, I'm going to find her!'' I say and they look at me with wide eyes.
"What's going on that we don't know about?'' Hermione calls and turns around. "I can't tell you! Now just continue your day, I will find her!''
I know exactly who I have to talk to, Professor McGonagall. I quickly run and try to find her. Lucky for me her Transfiguration class ends in a couple of minutes, so when all the students finally left, I burst into the classroom. I should be in class too, but that's the last thing on my mind right now.
''Mr Malfoy?'' She says questionably and I catch my breath.