Chapter 28

His eyes are filled with emotion, but I can't read it.
Most of the time I'm able to read his expressions and find out what he's thinking, but right now I have no idea. "Draco please, war hasn't started yet, so I have to warn them." I lower my voice. I know it's no use to yell at him or get him angry, especially now is not a good time to have a fight.
"I'm coming with you." He responds and I'm surprised, but also not? "You're not leaving my side, promise me, Venus." I don't open my mouth, instead, I hug him tight and whisper in his ear, "I'm not leaving you."

We basically run off the stairs and into the Great Hall. I scan the hall quickly and immediately run to my friends when I see them together. Ginny looks up and smiles, but it fades when she sees the expression on my face. "What's wrong!?"
Hermione, Harry, Ron, Luna, and Logan are looking at me too. "They're here." I try to catch my breath, but there's no time. "The Death Eaters . . . and Voldemort are here, and they're attacking tonight."
Draco finally caught up to me and everyone stares at him now. "Don't, he warned me." I say, knowing exactly what they're thinking.
How did I go from the happiest I've been to being worried for everyone's life . . .
"What do we do?" Hermione asks and I meet her eyes. "I'm warning Professor McGonagall, I'll find the twins and tell them, just do what needs to be done." I'm actually clueless about what to do, but as much people need to know before it's too late.
Everyone nods their heads and I find the twins.

"Weasley's!" I yell as hard as I can and they thankfully turn around. "What's up Bright?" George says but I ignore him and pull both of them to the side. "Something wrong?" Fred says and I heavily nod my head.
"They're here, the Death Eaters and Voldemort, they're going to attack tonight." I'm still not breathing correctly, but that's the last thing on my mind right now. Their eyes go wide. "We'll notify our parents and do as much as we can." I nod my head and they immediately leave.
Angelina walks up to me and starts talking "where are they going? What did you say?" I meet her eyes and it takes a lot not to attack her right now.
"Piss off will you!?" I roll my eyes and run to Professor McGonagall her classroom.
I know she's not here at the dance anymore, because I saw her leave an hour ago. I heavily knock on the door with Draco still following me like a puppy, but I can't blame him. He doesn't want me to be alone and I understand, I don't want him to be alone either.

"What is going on here?" Professor McGonagall opens the door and meets my eyes. The look on her face changes when she sees the looks on ours.
"They're here." I say and her eyes grow wider. "They're attacking tonight." Draco continues and I glance at him. "Okay well go on, I'll notify the ministry." She closes the door again without giving us time to respond.
I let out a loud sigh and lean against the wall for support. "What now?" I ask and meet his eyes. I'm actually clueless on what to do now. I informed all my friends, I told Professor McGonagall who will tell the ministry, the twins are informing their parents and they will hopefully bring backup, and I don't know what to do anymore.

Draco catches me off guard when he crashes his lips against mine. I kiss him back for a second but pull away again. "Draco-" I want to talk but he cuts me off, "I know." I look into his gorgeous grey eyes and take him into a hug. I hold him as tight as possible, as if he's the most fragile piece of glass in the world, wanting to hold him forever, but I can't.

We run back to the Great Hall and freeze in our tracks. Before we walk in we scan the area. I see my friends and relief flashes through my body, but that soon fades into fear. The lights start to flicker and it goes black. After only a couple of seconds, the lights go back on, and we see around twenty Death Eaters surrounding the students. Every Death Eater grabs a student and hell breaks loose. They start yelling and running, and the lights start flickering.
My thoughts are running like a train through my mind and I can't think straight anymore. What I'm seeing in front of me will be the end of everything, this will be the final war, and either we win . . . or we lose. I hear spells getting cast and people getting knocked out and fighting back.
''Draco stay here.'' I say and run away before he can grab my wrist and stop me. I told him that I'm not leaving, and I won't, I just have to get to the courtyard and see if I can meet the ministry, or Molly and Arthur, and even Narcissa.