Chapter 19

I wake up early and decide on a hot, long shower.
Monday's always start with potions from Snape.
I shower till the water turns cold, change into my uniform and put on some makeup.
"Sorry girls, I used all the hot water." I say as I walk out of the bathroom.
"It's fine I wasn't planning on showering this morning anyway." Hermione says and Ginny agrees.

We arrive at breakfast and take our seats.
Everyone starts eating, and a lot of owls come flying in with letters and other stuff for everyone.
I look up hopeful to find our house owl, but he's not there, once again.
I've been sending letters to my mom a lot lately, to tell her how I'm doing and to inform her on how stuff is going here. I'm not writing details or stuff that isn't for everybody to read because I still don't trust the mail.
She usually responds right away when I send her a letter, but this time, she hasn't responded in like a week.
I keep wondering if something happened to her, but I assure myself that she's okay and that she'll explain when I see her again.
"Bloody hell." Ron says and takes a dress robe out of the package he got.
He stands up and holds it in front of his body.
"Looks like you got a dress robe for the dance."
Hogwarts is hosting the annual spring dance in a couple weeks. I'm surprised it's still going to happen, given the fact that Dumbledore used to host it.
Hermione snickers and Ron shoots her a deadly look.
"Ginny, these must be for you." He says as he walks over to her. "I'm not wearing that it's gastly!" She responds and me and Hermione laugh. Ron walks back and sits down. "She must be going mad if she thinks I'm wearing this." He sighs and quickly puts it away.

We go straight to the potions classroom from breakfast. I sit down next to Hermione today, and leave Logan with some Hufflepuff girl.
"Turn to page 394." Snape says as he walks into the classroom.
"Everyone will be making this potion in duo's, I don't care who you're with, and I expect no failures."
He says as grumpy as ever.
Hermione and I form a team and read the instructions. "Oh I like this one." She says and I respond with "I bet you do." I look at her and we chuckle. She gets up to grabs all the ingredients, and I look over the instructions once again.
We're halfway done when suddenly Logan starts couching a lot and I look up at him.
He brings his hand to his lungs and he's having trouble breathing now.
"Logan?" I say to him worried, but he doesn't respond. Instead he drops to the floor. "Logan!" I get up from my seat and hurry to his side.
"Professor! He needs to go to the hospital wing!" Hermione practically yells as she gets up and sits down next to me.
"Right, you two can take him." My eyes widen by his response. Isn't he the Professor? Isn't he supposed to help? Isn't he supposed to care!?
I look at Hermione and we both take a shoulder.
Logan's still coughing and barely able to breath normally, but he puts one arm over my shoulders and one over Hermione's as he stands up, and we hurry to the Hospital Wing.

"Lay him down here!" Mrs Pomfrey says as we arrive at the Hospital Wing.
We lay him down and quickly get out of her way.
"What happened?" She asks rushed and Hermione responds "We don't know, he just started coughing and breathing heavily and-" She can't finish her sentence. I take her hand in mine to comfort her and she gives me a quick smile.
The last time I was in here, it was with Flora's dead body . . . I hate being here, but right now Logan is the priority.
"I'll take care of him, you can return to class." She says and we nod. We look at him, but slowly get back to class.

"So you think he's poisoned?" I ask when we walk the stairs. "I don't know, but we have to examine his cauldron, maybe he did something stupid and if it was poisoned, then someone must've known that he would've done what he did." She responds and I'm trying to process what she just said.
"This is my fault." I stop walking and Hermione turns to me. "I was supposed to sit with him, but I sat with you . . . What if I was the target?" My thoughts go wild and I can't help but think that it was supposed to be me.
"No! Don't you dare blame this on yourself!" She says and takes me into a hug.