Chapter 9

I skipped breakfast this morning and I didn't want to get out of bed. It's Sunday so I'm really happy I don't have school today.
I hear the door open and Hermione walks in.
She sits down on my bed next to me.
"Are you okay?" She asks and tucks some hair behind my ear. I know I can trust her, and she really cares about me, so I answer honestly."No, not really." She lays down next to me and comforts me.
"Thank you." She nods and smiles. We lay there for a long time. It feels good to be comforted by my friends, and this was just what I needed.
"We're going to ice skate again, do you want to come?" She asks and I almost say no, but I can't lay in bed all day and be depressed. What I need are my friends, so I agree.

I take a hot shower and change into warm clothes.
Hermione hugs me and tells me that everything is going to be okay. I just figure that Flora told her what happened with Cedric.
We grab our skates, walk downstairs and meet with some of our friends.
I don't see Cedric, which makes me feels a little happier. The last thing I need right now, is to get confronted by Cedric.
My friends greet me and a smile grows on my face.
"Let's go weirdo's." I say and I chuckle.

We get to the lake and it's pretty empty, so we have loads of space to skate. I get on the ice and take a moment for myself, today is about fun.
I turn around and see everyone slowly gathering together. "Let's play tag!" Murphy yells and we laugh. "Not it!" I yell.
Ron is the last one to yell not it, so he's the first one to try and catch us.
"It's always me." He complains but quickly gets on the ice to tag someone, and I know he's having fun.
I'm having a really good time and everyone looks really happy, which makes me happy.
I see Draco standing against a tree and I give him a small wave. He doesn't return it, and walks away.
Weird, but whatever, I guess.

"You're it!" Harry says as he tags me. "Dammit!"
I laugh and skate after my friends. Flora is not paying attention, so I don't think she knows it's me.
I tag her and yell "you're it!" She trips, falls and pulls me with her. "Flora!" I look at her and am dying from laughter. We get back up and I skate away from her.

After we stopped skating, we all went into the Great Hall to warm up a little bit.
All the students were slowly gathering in the hall for dinner, and we separate to our house tables.
"I had loads of fun today, thank you guys." I say as I grab some food for my plate and smile at them.
"Our pleasure." Flora says and she winks at me. I really did have a good time today, and I'm grateful for my friends.

I ate dinner and went into my dorm. I grab my books and go to the library to get some studying done.
It's dark in the library so I turn on the lights a little. There's a spot in the library where I like to sit, so I walk over there and open my books.
To my surprise I see Draco reading a book in the back of the library. I never thought I'd see him reading this peacefully, but then again, do I really know him? I don't go over to him and just continue studying. I'm getting tired of studying, and I've been doing it extra, for a couple days now. I always lose track of time when I'm in the library, so it's no surprise that it's 11pm once I check the clock. "Shit." I say to myself, close my books and put them in my bag. I walk past Draco and smile at him, he doesn't return it. In fact, he doesn't even look at me. I put the books I lent back on the shelves and decide to say something to him.

"What's wrong?" I say and invite myself to sit down on the chair in front of him. He ignores me and keeps reading the book. "I asked you a question."
I'm not leaving until I have an answer, or he specifically tells me to go away, so I snatch the book he was reading and close it, forcing him to look at me. There's a silence for a while, and we just stare at each other.
"Spit it out." I basically demand and he just scuffs. I roll my eyes at him, and lean forward a little, so now I'm sitting on the edge of my chair. "Draco, what's wrong?" I look at his face and I'm trying to study it, to figure out what he's thinking.
He looks at me and finally opens his mouth, only for me to hear him say "nothing."