Chapter 5

-= Three days later =-

I walk into the Great Hall and search for my friends.
Not everyone is there, but I see Luna, Jaimee, Murphy and Hermione sitting at the table, so I walk over to them.
"Venus hurry!" Jaimee yells when she sees me and I walk over confused.
"What's wrong?"
She has a big smile on her face and I can't figure out why.
"Cedric is going to ask you on a date after Charms."
I look at her surprised but I smile.
The day after he kissed me, Cedric and I officially started dating.
It was really cute how nervous he was actually.
"Really?" I ask and everyone nods.

When I think about a date with Cedric, all I can think about are fun spontaneous things, and I was right. He takes me a little bit away from Hogwarts, into an open field full of dandelions, which are my favorite flowers. It's autumn, so the dandelions aren't as beautiful as in summer, but that doesn't matter. He prepared a picnic and he made sure he had everything I liked.
From strawberries and watermelon to sandwiches and croissants.
"You have outdone yourself Diggory, It's beautiful."
I say as I sit down at the picnic.
He has a big smile on his face, and it looks like he's proud of himself.
"I'm glad you like it."
As he opens up the picnic, I immediately go for the strawberries. "These are mine." I say and we laugh.

We've sat in the field for over an hour and we ate almost everything. This is the best date I've ever had, not that I've had a lot to compare this with, but this really is amazing.
"What time is it?" I ask Cedric after a while.
He checks his watch and looks at me concerned.
"Fuck. We're too late for Potions aren't we?"
I quickly put everything in the basket, Cedric takes my hand and we run to class as fast as we can.
We burst open the door and everyone stares at us.
"I'm sorry Professor we-" I say out of breath but Cedric takes over.
"It's all my fault really, I'm sorry we're late." He says also out of breath and we quickly find our seats.
"Detention for both of you." Snape responds and continues teaching.
I look over at Cedric and we try to control our laughs. The last thing we need right now is to burst out in laughter and lose house points.

"Spill, right now!" Flora basically yells when all of us gather in the Great Hall for dinner.
I laugh and glance over at Cedric.
"Okay okay!" I can't seem to get rid of the smile that has grown on my face, and it only grows as I'm telling the story.
"So I had the best time of my life! It was so adorable what he did." I start spilling what happened today and everyone is really focused on me.
"So we were late in Potions, and Snape gave us detention for tomorrow, but it's all worth it."
I glance at everyone their expressions and they're all smiling. They seem really happy for me.
"Bloody hell, I hate Snape." Ron says and I look over at him and laugh.
"That's really adorable, Venus." Hermione says.

It's the next day and I wake up around 10am.
Today is Ditch Day, and all the students ditch all their classes to go and have fun!
Although the Ravenclaws mostly spend the day studying, my friends and I decide to go to Diagon Alley.
I take a quick shower, get dressed, and meet everyone outside in the courtyard.
I notice that I'm a little late when I see that almost everyone is already there, but it's okay.
Almost all of my friends are coming today and we're making it kind of a party, which is going to be so much fun!

"Let's get some candy!" Murphy says as we pass a shop and without time for anyone to respond, he's already at the door.
"I'm going to walk around a little, I'll meet you guys back at Ollivanders okay?" I say when everyone is following Murphy's lead.
"I'll come with you." Cedric responds.
"No it's okay, really." I reassure him and give him a hug. "I'll be right back, I promise." I whisper in his ear and he gives me a kiss on my cheek and tells me to stay safe.
I say goodbye to everyone, squeeze Cedric's hand and walk off.

It's peaceful to just walk around Diagon Alley and watch all the people being busy in their own little world. I find people quite interesting, every single one out there has a life of their own and a small world of their own, it's fascinating actually.
Most of the time Diagon Alley is filled with people and you can barely walk in a straight line without bumping into someone, but today it's almost deserted. I continue walking around for a couple more minutes until I decide to turn back around and meet everyone at Ollivanders.

I was paying attention to the birds I saw when I bumped into someone.
"I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to-" I look up to see who I just bumped in to, and it was the one and only, Lucius Malfoy. Why did it have to be him? It could've been anyone.
"Watch where you're going will you?" He says and he leaves in a hurry. He didn't really look at me, and I'm glad he's gone so fast, that guy gives me the creeps.

I speed walk to Ollivanders, and I'm relieved when I see everyone waiting for me.
"Hey guys!" I say and I wave at them.
Cedric comes up to me and gives me a hug, which I barely return.
"I just bumped into Lucius Malfoy, and I mean, I really bumped into him." I say and sigh.
"That man gives me the creeps." Harry says and I nod in agreement.

We're back at Hogwarts and we all went to our common rooms. I change into my uniform, say goodbye to my friends and leave for detention.
Cedric and I walk in together and sit down.
Snape doesn't allow us to sit next to each other, so Cedric sits down at the desk next to mine.
I look over at Cedric to see what he's doing, and when Snape isn't looking, he mimics him sarcastically and I let out a laugh.
"Something funny?" Snape says as he slowly walks over to my desk.
"No sir, I'm sorry." He stares at me a little longer and it makes me feel uncomfortable. I was waiting to get yelled at, and just when he was going to say something to me, Draco comes crashing in the classroom. Professor Snape looks up.
"Mr Malfoy, you're late, again." He says and walks away, back to his desk.

Malfoy says nothing and sits down at the desk behind mine.
I ignore him, and continue doing the work Snape gave me and Cedric.
I can literally feel his gaze on my back, but I don't care. I look at Cedric and signal him asking if he's done with the punishment assignment and he signals back that he's almost done.
I giggle and we exchange smiles.

"You can leave, all three of you."
Snape says after 15 more minutes and we walk out.
I don't glance at Malfoy even once and keep my attention with Cedric.
"Are you going to the party next week?" Cedric asks and I'm surprised he's even considering going.
"You want to go?" I ask and he nods.
"Okay, we'll go." I smile.
"I have to go now." He says and I look at him.
He gives me a kiss on my forehead, hugs me, and he leaves. I wonder where he's going. I know he doesn't have class and usually we spend our spare time either together, or with our friends, but I don't question him and I leave too.
There are a lot of parties hosted at Hogwarts, and I think the Professors know it's there, they just don't have proof.
I'm not sure who always host the parties, but it's usually in the Slytherin Common Room.
I've been to a couple of them, but not a lot.

Everyone is in their Common Room, and it's now 10pm. I asked Flora during dinner if she wanted to sneak out with me, and to my surprise she said she would. We wait for Hermione to fall asleep so she won't notice us out of our dorm, and then we leave.
"Where do you want to go?" I whisper to Flora.
"I don't know, but definitely outside." She whispers back, and I know she's excited.

We walk out of Hogwarts and take the path that officially lead to Hagrid's little cabin.
We take a left off of the path and lay down on the grass. It was raining today, so the grass is damp.
The sky is clear and we're exposed to millions of stars. I have a good knowledge about them and I point to some constellations I know, and Flora looks like she loves it.

"Do you believe in fate?" Flora asks me.
I turn my head and look at her.
"It depends." I reply honestly.
It's the truth. I think it depends on what the situation is. Let's say, if two people are meant for each other, than yes I do believe in fate, and I do believe that everything happens for a reason and those people will end up together, because they can't stay away from each other. They try yes, but they can't, no matter how badly they might want to.
I know it sounds cheesy.
She just nods, and I don't think I helped her much.
"Are you okay? You can talk to me you know that right?" I ask her.
"I'm okay, really, and yes I know."
I hold out my pinky and she locks hers with mine.
It's something we've been doing since as long as I can remember.
It's our way of saying I love you, without saying it out loud.