Chapter 12

I wake up next to Draco.
We had dinner up here last night, after the Death Eaters and the Dark Lord finally left again.
The last few days they've been coming over a lot, and I've been avoiding them, but today is the Christmas party! I look at the time and it's 10am. The party starts around 2pm, so I have four hours before the guests arrive.
I get out of bed and let him sleep a little longer.
The hallway is bright when I open the door, but suddenly everything turns grey the moment I see my dad walk towards me. I sigh, but face him.
"He's sleeping, what do you want?" I ask and my dad looks a little surprised by my tone. "I was going to ask if you wanted to bake cookies with Narcissa."
My eyes widen a bit. Why is he kind of nice? And, cookies? I surprise both myself and my father when I say "Yea sure I'll be downstairs in a minute."
He nods and walks back downstairs.

I open the bedroom door and see Draco waking up.
"Good morning." I say with a smile and he grunts, which makes me giggle.
"I'm going to bake cookies with your mom, apparently. Could you put the dress you chose for today on bed? I'll get dressed when the cookies are baking." I say and he looks at me with confusion.
"You're doing what?" He replies in disbelief.
"I know." And I let out a soft laugh. "Well what if I want to help?" I raise my eyebrows. "Really?" He nods, so I agree and smile.

We walk downstairs in our pajamas, and it isn't until everyone looks at us, we realize that we are in our pajamas. I ignore the stares though.
"Draco wants to help." I say as I walk into the kitchen, and Narcissa looks at us. "He does?" She responds with a surprised smile. I nod and we start making the cookies. I have a lot of fun, and his mother is actually really sweet and kind. His father on the other side, well, he's a lot like mine.
The oven pings and the first load of cookies is ready. "I have to get changed, Venus are you coming soon?" Draco says and looks at me. I glance at Narcissa and then back at Draco. "I'll decorate the cookies first, but then I'll come." I respond and watch him leave the kitchen.
"You bring out the best in him darling." Narcissa says to my surprise, and I give her a warm smile.

"Your son is lovely ma'am."

"Oh please, just call me Narcissa, don't be so formal." She smiles and winks at me.

The cookies smell, and taste, delicious. She gives me one to taste and I'm proud of the outcome.
I walk upstairs and into the bedroom. There's something on the bed so I walk closer. It's a long box and I decide to open it.
My mouth practically falls open when I see this beautiful Bordeaux dress in it. It looks absolutely gorgeous, and I secretly can't wait to wear it.
The dress isn't too much for a Christmas party, and it's actually perfect. It's 1pm and the first guests will shortly start arriving, so I jump into the bathroom to do my make-up and change.
I decide on a red theme for my make-up to match with the dress. I don't overdo it of course, but I add a little more than what I usually wear.
I change into my dress and look at myself in the mirror. I'm absolutely in awe with myself. I never thought I could pull off this dress, but I have.

I hear Draco walk into the room so I walk out of the bathroom. "Does this look-?" I ask and he turns around. "Yes, fuck yes." He responds and keeps staring at me. "It's not too much?" I ask and he heavily shakes his head.
I try not to laugh, but a small one leaves my lips.
"You look handsome." I then say and he rolls his eyes with a grin on his face.
"Let's go, we don't want to be late."
"Venus wait, I- I got you something . . . for, you know, Christmas." He says and I look at him surprised. "Why?" I respond, trying not to sound ungrateful. He walks over to his drawer and takes out something that looks like a thin box.
He hands it over to me as he says "Open it."
So I do as he says and open the gift. My mouth opens a little as I see this beautiful golden necklace with a small moon pendant. A smile grows on my face as I take it out of the box. "It's beautiful." I almost whisper. "I didn't get you anything . . . is there something you want?" I ask him and now I feel guilty. He immediately shakes his head. "No it's okay, I don't need a present." He says and I look at him. "Are you sure?"
He nods and smiles at me. "Will you help me with the necklace?" I ask and his smile grows bigger.
He takes it, and puts on the necklace.
His cold fingers against the back of my neck send shivers down my spine.
"Thank you, I really love it." I say as I turn around and give him a kiss on his cheek. He smiles and kisses me on my mouth.