Chapter 15

I couldn't come up with a name for her owl so O/N stands for Owl Name, and you can name the creature itself :)
-=-

After five hours in the car, which really felt like a day, we arrive at the cabin.
It is beautiful. The cabin is made out of dark wood, and the porch is big enough for a seating swing and a second bench to sit on, there are two small tables, and flowers are hanging on the door.
There is a small pathway to the cabin and the rest of my view is filled with trees.
The inside is even prettier, we have a high ceiling, and a bedroom loft kind of thing.
The kitchen looks modern, we have a fireplace, a normal size bathroom, a closed of bedroom, and the loft bedroom which is accessible via the latter.
"I claim the loft bedroom." I say and we both laugh.
I put down my stuff and walk around the cabin a little. "It is absolutely gorgeous mom." I exclaim.
She just smiles at me, and takes her stuff to her bedroom.

I follow her lead and take my stuff up. I decorate it as good as I can. I put my books on the shelf, my photos too, and my clothes in the closet.
After a couple hours my mom gets herself up here.
"You made it look beautiful darling, now I'm going into town to get us both dinner, and enough food to last a week. It's quite a drive, so I'll be back in about three maybe four hours!" I nod and she leaves.
After reading some pages in my book, I notice that it gets pretty lonely and bored here all alone.
The only company I have is my owl, which I couldn't leave behind. "You know what O/N? I'm going to write a letter to my friends."
I get a piece of parchment, my quill, and I start writing.
I write how beautiful it is here, and how I miss them a lot. I make some jokes only Hermione and Murphy will understand, and I write some serious stuff too. I write how I don't want them to act as if they'll never see me again, I write how they got all the power in the world and they should believe in themselves.
The last thing I mainly write because I know what's coming, and I still can't stop feeling guilty about it.

I hesitate to sent Draco a letter too, but I know better and decide not to give him the satisfaction.
I miss him, but I can't force people in my life, and I'm not going to sit around and cry over a boy every day, I'm going to have fun here as much as I can, and maybe learn some new skills.
I give O/N a treat, and then the letter and she/he takes off.

After two more hours my mom is finally back.
I get down and help her unpack. She bought all kinds of food, and even cookies out of the Muggle Market! They have so much more different things than we do, and most of it is delicious.
"Yes! I can go a while without the wizard candy." I say and shoot a look at my mom, which makes both of us chuckle.
I'm spending this time bonding with my mom, but I know - and she knows it deep down too - that I have to get back to my friends once it goes bad.
I think by this time Dumbledore is already dead. If Lucius killed Flora, then Dumbledore must've been next. Unless Draco went through with it. My mind wonders off, but before I start thinking all kinds of stuff I shouldn't be thinking, mom snaps me out of my thoughts, "Let's cook dinner! I'll teach you this recipe."

Days go by and it has been really quiet, maybe too quiet. The days have been quite the same.
I picked up a new skill two days ago! My mom showed me her old bow and arrows, and she offered to teach me how to shoot with them.
I love archery, and it turns out that I'm pretty good at it too. I talk with Flora each night, but the pain will never stop, I'll simply learn how to deal with it.

Another week goes by and I've never been more bored. I write letters to my friends almost every day, O/N has loads of freedom, I fully learned archery, and I've been getting quite annoyed by my mom if I'm being honest.
I love her, but I've never spend this much time with her and we're always in the same room.
"No!" I hear my mom raise her voice and I jump out of bed. "This can't be true . . ." She lowers her voice, and I peak over the railing from my room.
I see her and I'm at the perfect spot. She's holding a letter, so that's what she was yelling at.
That's when I realized, how did she get that letter? Nobody knows where we are! Did she lie to me? Did she tell someone where we are? What if they're coming for me, because I left?
The floor creaks under my feet and my mom shoots a look at me. Instead of hiding, I freeze. "Explain. Now." I get downstairs and sit on the couch in front of my mom.
"Who has our location? And what's in the letter?"
I basically demand an answer. I can see in her eyes that she knows she has to come clean.
She lefts out a loud sigh. "Please just listen to me." I nod and she continues, "I gave Narcissa Malfoy our location, she's by best friend and I knew I could trust her with it. Before you ask, no, she told nobody."
My eyes widen, but I won't interrupt her.
"She sent us a letter, which tells us that ehm . . . your father, died yesterday." Her eyes wander off to the ground and I'm in disbelief.
"How did he die?" I feel bad for my mom, especially my mom, but if I'm being completely honest with myself, I have to admit that, I don't feel that much grief . . .
My father has never been the nicest one, or the most lovable one, and I never spend time with him, and he never made an effort. I feel bad for admitting this to myself, but it's what I feel . . .
"The letter doesn't say how he died, I'm sorry darling." She says, but she can't make eye contact with me, which means she's lying.
Did the Dark Lord kill him? If so, why? He was so loyal to him, that was one of the reasons that I hated him. Well, not really hate, but you know . . .