Chapter 8

It's Saturday and we don't have school today.
We all stayed at the party till around 3am and we were really tired, so we went straight to bed when we came back from the party. I hear the birds chirping outside. "Good morning!" Hermione says cheery.
She wasn't at the party and stayed in our dorm.
"What time is it?" I grunt and keep my eyes closed.
"It's 11am, I've let you two sleep long enough."
I slowly open my eyes and so does Flora.
"I'm so hangover." Flora grunts.
I look at her surprised. I wasn't around her a lot and I didn't know she had so much to drink.
"Why are you looking so confused? You were the one that danced all night." She lets out a laugh.
"Yeah and you were, apparently, drinking all night."
I look at Flora and then at Hermione, and we burst out in laughter. We hear a knock on the door and Murphy slowly opens the door.

"Hey! Come in! Tell us what you did at the party last night, I didn't see you much!" I say, and Murphy walks in.  We talk for more than an hour and Hermione loves hearing our stories.
"-and Venus has some interesting stuff to tell."
Flora says and I shoot her a warning look, and she immediately mouths sorry.
"It's nothing, she's overreacting." I brush it off.
I know that they don't believe me, but they let it go and I get up to get changed into some comforting clothes. It's the beginning of winter, but it's already freezing, so I decide on sweatpants and a hoodie.

I put my hair in a messy bun and walk out of the Common Room. I'm on my way to the kitchen to get some food, because I'm starving.
The kitchen is empty so I just grab some bread, juice and napkins and walk back to the Common Room.
I wasn't paying attention to where I was going, and I bump into someone while turning the corridor corner. 
Half the food I was carrying dropped on the floor.
"Fuck." I whisper. "I'm so sorry!" I don't look at the person, and immediately grab the food from the floor.
"Here let me help." I hear a familiar voice, and once he gets down to the floor to help me, I notice that I bumped into Draco.
"Thanks." I say and get back on my feet.
He chuckles. "What?" I say and let out a small laugh.
"Nothing, are you going to eat it all?" He looks me up and down and grins. I look at all the food in my hand and the juice. "No of course not, Flora and Hermione are also eating it." I respond, and I laugh.

I stare at him for a little longer, waiting for him to say something, but he doesn't.
"Okay, bye now Malfoy." I smile and walk away.
"You look hot by the way." He says and I turn around.  I catch him grinning and I roll my eyes playfully.
I walk back into my dorm and the girls are still there,  but Murphy already left. They look at me and smiles form on their faces.
"My hero!" Flora says when she sees the food and drinks in my hand.
"I figured we could use some food." I smile and give Flora and Hermione some bread and juice.
"What shall we do today?" I ask.
Flora finishes her bread before she speaks.
"Let's go to the lake! I heard it's frozen and we can ice skate on it!" She sounds really excited, so we agree.

We get to the lake and there are a lot of students who had the same idea as us.
"I can't really skate." Someone says from behind and we jump up. It's Ron.
"Well, that's okay, Hermione can teach you." I look at Flora and we smile. Hermione shoots me a look and I just wink at her. I link my arm with Flora's and we walk away from Ron and Hermione.
Flora stops walking and I look at her confused.
"Cedric's there." She says doubtful. I look at him and turn around immediately. He probably noticed us because he's now walking towards us.
"Hey uhm Venus, can we talk?"
I turn around and face Cedric. I agree, nod my head to Flora, to let her know that it's okay, and we leave.

"Why did you do it?" I stop walking and straight up come to the point. I don't want small talk, I don't care, I just want the truth.
"Look, she kissed me, and I'm really sorry V."
He looks guilty and regretful.
"You don't get to call me V anymore, plus, it didn't look like you were saying no." I say with a little more anger in my voice than I intended.
He stares at the ground for a moment.