Chapter 13

The rest of the Christmas break goes by fast, we met with the Dark Lord a couple more times, but nothing has changed. I still don't have the dark mark which makes me happy.
I say goodbye to my parents, and the Malfoy's as I grab my bags and walk towards the Hogwarts Express. I take the first empty seats I see and grant myself some rest.
After half an hour I decide to open one of the books I brought with me, but I put it down after a couple minutes, given my lack of focus.
This is it. This year, it will change everything. Dumbledore has to die, and once that happens, I will lose all my friends. How am I going to be able to look at Harry, and Hermione, and Ron, hell even Cedric, without guilt filling my body.

"Don't! No!" I jump up and look around confused. Are we already back? I take a moment to get my senses back. I've fallen asleep and apparently slept the whole way here.
That nightmare- I shake the thoughts from my mind and get my stuff. I've been gone for two weeks, but am already glad I'm back. I shouldn't be, everything will get fucked up. . .
I finally unpack my stuff in my dorm, and can't stop thinking about where my friends are. I haven't seen them yet, but I'm sure everything's fine once dinner starts.

I decide to wander around the castle a little before dinner. I make a right, then a left, and another right, when suddenly something feels wrong.
I turn around and take a left into a deserted corridor. What's going on? I can feel that something's wrong, but I can't put my finger on it.
I continue walking down the corridor when suddenly I hear a loud scream coming from further. I start running and burst open the door where the scream is coming from. My eyes search the dark room, but I can't see anything, so I cast Lumos Maxima.
I let out a loud gasp when I see a person laying on the floor. As I get closer, I recognize who it is, "Flora!" I yell, praying for a response.
I want to freeze, but I can't, I have to save her from whatever happened here. My mind is spinning once again, but I can't let it take over this time. I put my wand away, but I keep the light, as I kneel down next to her body.
Is she alive? Please be alive! I feel for her heartbeat immediately, and a weight leaves my shoulder when I feel a faint one.
She needs to get out of here, so I lift her up with all the strength I have and take her into the Hospital Wing. I pray that I'll walk into a teacher on my way there, and luckily Professor McGonagall passes me.

The color drains from her face but before she can speak I yell, "please get Professor Dumbledore! I found her like this and-" she cuts me off with a nod and basically runs away.

I arrive at the Hospital Wing, and certainly, Dumbledore and McGonagall are already here.
Mrs Pomfrey guides me towards an empty bed and I lay Flora down.
My heart breaks to watch her laying here so vulnerable. "What happened?" I hear Professor Dumbledore ask. "I- I found her like this . . . I wasn't planning on going into that corridor but, something in me told me I had to go there and . . . I found her." I bite the inside of my cheek to keep the tears from rolling out of my eyes.
I quickly scan her body for wounds, and I can't find any, but that doesn't mean they're not there.
Here's where my overthinking comes in the picture. Will she survive? What happened? Have the Death Eaters something to do with this? Dumbledore? Dumbledore . . . How am I going to- I can't even-
My thoughts get interrupted by Professor McGonagall her hand on my shoulder. I feel a tear slip from my eye. "Do you want to stay here darling?" She asks and I look up at her. I nod my head and she gives me a warm, but forced smile.
Mrs Pomfrey had already given me the chair I'm sitting on right now, so I scoot it closer to Flora's bed and take her hand in mine.

I wake up by someone whispering my name. When I open my eyes I take a minute to remember where I am. My heart has a flicker of hope, that the person whispering my name is Flora, but get proved wrong.
I look over at Flora, but she still hasn't moved since the last time I saw her. "Venus . . . did you hear me?" I look up and see Draco standing in front of me, and I shake my head. I glance outside of the window, and see the sun already up. Have I slept here the entire night? "I asked if you wanted to get some food together, you have to eat." I'm starving, but I can't leave her here. "I can't leave her side." I whisper and feel Draco's hand over mine.
Mrs Pomfrey walks towards here. "Is she going to be okay?" I desperately need a yes. "I don't know, maybe she'll never-" she stops mid sentence and looks at me with a look full of sadness. I realize what she wants to say. I can't lose her, I will break.
No. I refuse to let her go. I shake my head heavily.
"It isn't over, unless it is over!" I feel the tears fighting their way out of my eyes. "I can't lose her!" I start to sob and feel Draco getting on his knees and pulling me into a hug. "She's not dead yet okay?" He whispers into my ear trying to comfort me, but it only makes it worse how he said yet.
I want to ask if they know what happened to her, but why would they know that.