Chapter 24

Hagrid takes me to his cabin and he makes me sit down. I scoff at him, but I listen.
"What happened?" He asks calmly and he takes two cups and pours it with some kind of tea.
"Nothing important." I respond and look away from him. "Didn't look like nothin' did it?" He sits down too and places one of the cups in front of me. Why is he all up in my business all of the sudden. Who the fuck does he think he is? Just because he's not punishing me right now, doesn't mean I like him more. "He lied, that's it." I still don't meet his eyes and hear him chuckle softly. "Gotta bone ter pick with yeh, but I'll let it slip." He says and for the first time I meet his eyes. He gestures for me to leave the cabin, so that's what I do.
I don't look back and go straight to my dorm. I share one with Blaise and some other Slytherin kid, but I forgot his name. He better not be there or I'll hit him again.

What the fuck am I going to do now? I don't fucking know what to do. I walk into my dorm, but when I see Blaise on his bed, I immediately turn around again. "Malfoy stop!" He says and I really, really want to walk away, but something in me makes me stop in my tracks. "What the fuck do you want Zabini?" I spit at him. He better watch his words, because there are no Professors here to safe his sorry arse. "I didn't lie. I swear that I saw you kissing a girl this morning." My blood boils again and my blood rises. "What time?" It takes all my willpower not to smash my already hurt fist in the wall again.
I clench my fists and press my nails in them. "I don't know, around 5am." He responds and my eyes go wide. "Zabini I was at the Astronomy Tower at fucking 5am. I was fucking watching the sunrise, you're fucking lying." I take a deep breath and feel the insides of my hands sting from my nails.
He looks at me confused as fuck, and now so am I. Right now I'm more confused than angry, but then he starts talking again, and the anger takes over.
"I don't know what to say Malfoy." He says and I roll my eyes. "Whatever." I turn around and leave my dorm.

-= Venus' POV =-

I've been ignoring Malfoy since I walked away from him at the Astronomy Tower.
"Are you okay?" Hermione asks and I meet her eyes. "Am I ever okay lately?" I sigh and give her a weak smile. She returns it, and we continue doing our homework. We're in the library, and I can hear the raindrops on the windows. It's a rainy day, perfect for my mood.
"We have to talk." A voice snaps me out of my thoughts. I look up and meet Malfoy's eyes.
"Fuck off." I spit at him and look at Hermione, who shoots me a look. "It's important." I let out a loud sigh and look back at him. "Well spill it then."
This is the most I've said to him since. He invites himself and sits down on the chair opposite to me.
"Blaise told me that he saw me at 5am," he starts talking and I roll my eyes. "Yea I know, I'd like to not be reminded of it." I glance at my book, and then back at him. "You don't understand, I was on top of the Astronomy Tower at 5am." My eyes narrow on his face and I'm simply studying it.
"That's impossible." I saw after a moment and everyone is silent. "Not really," Hermione starts and I look at her confused. "What are you talking about?"

"Well, a polyjuice potion could be involved in this, but if someone pretended to be Malfoy, and specifically kissing a girl while knowing that Blaise is watching, that person really hates the two of you together." Hermione says and my eyes go wide.

"I never thought I'd be thanking you Granger." Malfoy says and I look at him. Hermione gives him a weak smile, and he focuses his attention to me again. "I would never cheat on you." He says and I'm thinking about my next move. I really don't know what to say. I'm not just going to forgive him and trust his word, even if it's all a misunderstanding, my feelings got hurt, but I also can't pretend like this new information means nothing.
I decide to ignore what he said and meet Hermione's eyes. "Who would want to hurt us like that?" I question, but I mostly ask it to myself. "I don't know." Hermione responds and I look back at my book. "Don't you understand? We can be together again." Draco says and my heart sinks a little. I meet his eyes. "No Draco we can't, I need time." I respond and his expression goes blank. He holds eye contact a little longer and then stands up. "Whatever." He shrugs and walks away. I know it's not whatever, and he wouldn't have left like that if Hermione wasn't here. I know I hurt him just right now, but I'm serious, I need time to think about everything.
"Are you okay?" Hermione snaps me out of my thoughts and I nod. "Yea."