Chapter 14

-= Draco's POV =-

I don't like avoiding her like this. I can't see her, I can't touch her and I can't talk to her.
Stop seeing her, or I'll have to kill her too. Or I'll have to kill her too. My father's words keep running through my mind and I'm full of anger towards him.
He killed Flora. How could he kill her? She did nothing wrong, hell she didn't even know about the shit that went down. Why did she have to die? And why the fuck will Venus die if I stop avoiding her? I can't do this any longer, I got comfortable with her, maybe I shouldn't have done that . . .
I grab the lamp next to me and throw it into the wall out of anger, when an owl appears with a letter.
I take it and open it.
My heart aches by the words she used. She's in so much pain, and I can't help her.

I walk out of potions, but I couldn't look at Snape. He must've known what was going to happen.
I grab my stuff and turn the corner, when suddenly I pass a door and someone pulls me into the room.
"What the-" I start but stop talking when I see Venus in front of me.
"What the fuck Draco?" I don't know what to say.
"Where were you? What happened? Why are you avoiding me!?" She raises her voice. Her face glinstering from the tears and her eyes filled with anger and sadness. "I can't talk to you." I say.
"No. I don't buy that. You owe me an explanation."
I take a step towards her and try to wipe her tears, but she slaps my arm away. "Don't." She says.
Fuck. I don't know what to do. "Why did you break up with me?" She asks and my eyes go wide. "I didn't-" but I get cut off by Venus again, "Then why did you stop talking to me!?" Her voice now even louder. "I should've known. The way you acted the last weeks, it was all fake, you could never be that type of person." She says and her words hurt.
"fuck off! I'm trying to protect you!"
"You're not protecting me! I need you, and you just disappear!" More tears fall down her cheek.
"I can't tell you! But I need you to be safe!" I feel both anger and pity fill my body, but I have to control myself. If I get angry - really angry - I will break everything in this room.
"I can take it! I'm not a baby, I saw my best friend die!" She looks angry, but also hurt. "Please tell me." Her voice now lower.
"It's my dad, he-" I start with hesitation, "He killed Flora, and threatened to kill you too if I wouldn't stay away from you!" I'm now almost yelling.
I look away from her, I don't want to see the expression on her face right now.
"What?" Is all she says. "Why did he- did my parents-" She's at a loss of words, and I don't blame her. I meet her eyes and take a step towards her.
Her eyes filled with emotion and I can't read them.
"You know what, fuck you." I immediately regret what I said when I see the look in her eyes. It's pure anger. "Fuck you too." She turns to look away from me. Fuck why is she like this? Why does she always see the good in people when she shouldn't, and why do I feel guilt, I don't feel guilt.

My dad is going to kill me. I never disobey him, and I can't start doing that now. "I- I have to go, please don't contact me." I can't look her in the eyes.
"What?" She almost whispers. I walk towards the door and put my hand on the door handle. A flicker of doubt runs through my mind, but I don't give in, I can't. "If you leave right now, we're over, completely over." She raises her voice, and I can hear the anger and hurt in it. I don't look back, open the door and walk away.
I have to do this. I'm not going to fucking change my entire behavior, my entire mindset over some fucking girl. I refuse to do that.

-= Venus' POV =-

He left. He fucking left. It hasn't completely hit me yet, but it's over. If I didn't have the people in my life that I care about, I could just kill myself right here right now. I lost my fucking best friend, and he has the audacity to act like that!?
Fuck no. I need to contact my mom, I don't trust my father so if they knew about it, my mom will tell me.
I sit down on a table behind me. This is some kind of storage, because everything has dust on it.
I take a moment for myself, gather all my thoughts, push them away and get back outside.
I need Draco and his comfort, but I'm not forcing him to stay. If he wants to leave, then be my guest.