Chapter 32

-= four weeks later =-

I wake up in my apartment again, and I'm very happy for this to be the first time to wake up with Hermione living here too. I asked her after a week if she wanted to move in with me and she said yes, which made me really happy. Her moving in here took a couple weeks though. I got a job in the bookstore under my apartment, and I love it so much there! It's so cozy and the people are really sweet.
Crookshanks didn't survive the war, at least we don't think so because we don't know where he is, so we got ourselves a new cat two weeks ago, and we named him Oliver.
We've been going to the Burrow every Saturday, and we're making it kind of a tradition so we will never go long without seeing our friends.
I've stayed in contact with Logan this time, and we're meeting Luna and Neville at the Three Broomsticks tomorrow. It turns out that they're now together, and I couldn't be happier for them. Harry is kind of off the grid, but we know that he's very determined to get Hogwarts rebuilt and he's working on repairing it. The Weasley twins have their shop in Diagon Alley, and it's been blowing up and they're very successful.
I've been doing better. My mind has been on work, the apartment, my friends . . . and him.
I don't think I'll be able to stop thinking about him, but at least I'm not crying about him anymore. I think about him a lot, but I've been slowly moving forward in my life, and I'm slowly meeting new friends and I've accepted the fact that Draco is now married. I've accepted all of it, because there's nothing I can do to change it, so I'm not going to be sad all the time over what I can't change and I'm slowly accepting everything.
Hermione applied for a job opening in the same bookstore that I work in yesterday, and I put in a good word for her so I really hope she gets hired! It would be really fun to work at the bookstore with Hermione, plus, she's very book smart and very capable of working in a bookstore.

We met Cody at the store three weeks ago, and we've hung out a little more lately. He has light brown curly hair, green eyes, and he's really sweet. I don't see him as anything more than a good friend, but you never know, I'm not going to be single for the rest of my life, and all the trust issues Draco gave me, they're slowly disappearing, and he's been a really good help.
I didn't go into detail about Draco with Cody, but I told him that I got heartbroken because he betrayed me, and he hasn't been asking questions and just comforting me, which I'm really grateful for. I don't need to drag someone else into my mess which people call life.
Ginny is visiting today and we're going on a small shopping spree. We're going to get new clothes, eat at a restaurant, get some things we don't actually need, but we buy them because they're cute and cheap. So basically we're going to spend the day as real muggles.

I get out of the bath and dry my body. It's the beginning of summer and it's already pretty warm outside so I put on my black ripped shorts, a soft yellow top, and I do my makeup. This is going to be the first day in weeks that I'll be out of the apartment for the entire day. Most of the time I just go out to get some fresh air, meet with some friends, or go to the supermarket.
I look at myself in the mirror and a small smile creeps on my face. I'm actually doing okay. I can say that I'm going okay, or even good without lying to people. I'm leaving everything in the past and I'm moving on with my life. Moving forward in life is a necessity in order to experience personal growth and change. I need to grow and become a new person, a better person.
It was very hard for me to move on, but once I made the decision and once I told myself to not be this sad person anymore, new exciting things happened and I started smiling and laughing genuinely. These are the years to find out who I am, to find out what I want and who I want to spend my time with. I'm the most thankful for my friends, they've been by my side through everything, and even the friends I don't get to see a lot, like Logan, Luna, and Neville, are all supportive of me and helping me where they can. These are my friends for life, we all have shared trauma, and I think that that's the thing that'll bond us forever, and we'll never leave each other. No matter how long we don't see each other, we will always be there for one another as if we saw each other just yesterday, because that's the type of friendship we've grown.