Chapter 25

I feel someone shake me, hands over my body trying to wake me. Where am I? What happened? Am I still alive? Why can't I open my eyes?
Thoughts are running through my mind and I'm desperate to wake up.
Suddenly images of my mother's dead body flash in front of my eyes, and I wake up screaming.
I jump up with my eyes wide open. "GO AWAY!" I scream trying to find out where I am.
"Venus! Calm down! It's okay, you're safe!"
I meet Harry's eyes and look at him confused. What is he doing here? "What happened?" I ask him and look around. I now notice Narcissa trying to wake up another body. Who is it? I look at its face and recognize Draco. "What happened?!" I now raise my voice. "Draco!"
I try to stand but my legs are still weak, unable to support my weight. I look at Harry. "Explain please."
I catch my breath and try to calm down while he explains what happened.
He tells me about Voldemort and Narcissa's body. Then about Draco and I. Memories from the forest are flashing in my mind, and I slowly start to remember everything that happened. "but what were you doing here?" I ask him in the middle of his story.
"I- I don't remember how I got here." He says with a low voice.
Something happened, something bad.
I want to talk, but I get cut off by a loud scream coming from Draco's mouth. He jumps up just like I did and he's sweating like crazy.
"Draco!" I say and take his hand. "Draco it's okay, you're safe now." I try to meet his eyes but he's looking around his surroundings. I give him time to adjust and calm down. It's no use to talk to him when he's freaking out.

After a couple of minutes, he finally steadied his breathing and is able to meet my eyes. He looks at his mother, then at Harry. ''What are you doing here Potter?'' He asks in disgust. ''How about a thank you for saving your life? Voldemort could've killed both of you.'' He rolls his eyes.
''Voldemort?'' He meets my eyes in confusion. ''Just listen to Harry, your memories will come back, mine have too.'' I give him a weak smile and look back at Harry.

While Harry tells everything to Draco, my mind drifts off. Just before I woke up screaming, images of my mother's body flashed in front of my eyes . . . but when Draco woke up, it looked way worse than what I saw. I can't help but wonder what he saw. His life is practically filled with demons, but he never shows fear. I know he's scared, but he doesn't show it, so to see him that scared for his life . . .

I get snapped back into reality when I feel a hand on my back. ''Sorry, I was thinking.'' I say and fake a smile. ''What's on your mind dear?'' Narcissa asks, and I've never been happier to see her alive. I hesitate to tell her, but I have to. ''I don't think we should go to the cabin, Voldemort said that he found my mother there, so we won't be safe there anymore.'' My voice breaks a couple times, thinking about everything. Narcissa her eyes go wide. ''He said that? But I told no one the location.'' I notice that she's blaming herself, so I quickly take her hand and say, ''This is not your fault, non of this is, please don't blame yourself.'' She gives me a thankful smile and takes me into a quick hug.
We're not going to the cabin anymore, so all we can really do is to go back to Hogwarts.
''You can't stay at Malfoy Manor, you won't be safe.'' I meet Narcissa's eyes again and continue talking, ''You can stay at my place, it won't be completely safe, but I don't think they'll look for you there.'' Her eyes fill with emotion, but I can't really read it.
''Are you sure?" she responds and I nod my head. ''Okay, let's go home then.''
I'm so scared. Draco, Harry, and I are all going back to school, but I'm so scared there won't be a school to return to. What if the Death Eaters already destroyed it? And if not, then what are they waiting for? I shake my thoughts away and get up. We've all been sitting on the cold ground for awhile. I look up at the sky and notice that the sun is almost coming up again. We've been out for such a long time. How long have Harry and Voldemort been fighting? I know we arrived here in the evening, so we've been out for at least 7 hours.
''Can we talk?'' Draco snaps me out of my thoughts, once again. I nod my head and he takes my wrist and pulls me aside, far enough that Harry and Narcissa can't hear us.
''Are you okay?'' I ask and he lets out a sigh. ''Did you . . . what did you see when you woke up?'' My eyes widen a little by surprise. ''I saw my mother's dead body, and Voldemort killing you and your mother too.'' Almost all the images I saw were of my mother, but there was this moment where both Narcissa and Draco their bodies were laying on the floor too.
He looks at me worried but nods his head. ''I saw him killing you and my mother too.'' He says after a minute of silence.
''We're okay though.'' I try to comfort him and pull him into a hug. He pulls my body closer and holds me tighter. I close my eyes and let out a breath I didn't know I was holding.
He looked really scared when he woke up. Would he really be so scared if I died? I know I would if he died. I pull out of the hug and give him a kiss. ''We're safe.'' I say when I put my forehead against his. For now, we're safe, and I don't want to jinx it, but it's been a very long time since I've felt safe.