Chapter 22

-= Venus' POV =-

I run up to my mothers body and quickly take her into my arms. "Mom! Mom wake up!" I yell at her and the tears uncontrollably fall done my check.
"Mom please!" I keep yelling at her, trying to safe her, but I know she's already gone.
"Mom I need you, I need you so much." I now lower my voice and hug her body tight.
"I can't lose you too." I whisper as I hold her dead body. I let her go out of the hug and look at her face, and I gently put my hand on her cheek.
I feel Draco's arm around my body, and see Narcissa sitting down next to me, but I go numb.
Seeing my mother die in front of my eyes, just as I saw Flora die . . . It takes me over the edge.
All my feelings get out all at once, then they just disappear and I start feeling numb.
"Venus?" I faintly hear people talking to me.
"You should let go love." Draco says and the tears come again. "I- I can't leave her." I almost whisper and look at him, then at Narcissa and back at my mother's dead body.
She's slowly growing cold under my arms and I have to let her go. It's not healthy to keep her around, but I can't seem to move my arms.
Every letter I've sent, she never responded to, it was because she was here, captured, and I didn't know, there was nothing I could do for her.
"I'm so tired." I whisper and lean into Draco's body. Without knowing what I'm doing, or without having control over my body, I fall asleep.

I slowly wake up and look around the room to find out where I am.
I quickly notice that I'm in Draco's bedroom. Getting flashbacks from yesterday, tears fill my eyes again.
I'll never get to hug my mom again, I'll never be able to talk to her again, or laugh with her.
I've lost every important person in my life, and they both got taken by Death Eaters.
I feel like all I can do is cry, or not feel anything at all. I've never seen the clothes I'm wearing in my closet before, so I figure I'm wearing Draco's shirt and one of his sweatpants.
I get out of bed and walk downstairs, terrified to see Lucius, if he came back.
"Venus dear, do you want some tea?" Narcissa asks when I walk into the kitchen. "Yes please." I respond, my voice breaking, and sit down.
I'm really doubting if I'm safe here. Even though Narcissa is basically on my side, she's still a Death Eater, and I don't need another person to get hurt because of me.
I give her a weak smile when she gives me a mug with tea. "Is it okay if I go back upstairs?" I almost whisper, and she replies with, "yes of course."
I walk away, but then I turn around, put down my tea and give her a hug.
Tears threatening to leave my eyes. "You're just a girl." She whispers and that was enough for the tears to roll down my cheek.
I let her go and look at her, then walk upstairs again.

I take a sip of my tea and sit back down on Draco's bed. Where is he? What am I going to do? I can't stay here. I finish my tea and put the mug on his bedside.
I lay down under the sheets, and slowly I hear the door open. Without a word he lays down next to me, pulling my body close to his as I sob about my mom.
He gives me a kiss on my head and I wrap my arms around him and bury my head in his shoulder.

"Do you want to eat something?" He whispers after a while. "Yes but I don't want to leave your bedroom." I respond as I look up to him. He nods and goes downstairs.
I still can't wrap my head around what happened.
Then my mind went to my friends, what am I going to tell them? I decide on writing them a letter.
I'll sent it to Hermione and tell her to read this in front of everyone.
I grab a piece of parchment and a quill and start writing. I tell them that I'm not sure when I'll be back, but I promise to be back before the dance, which is next week. I explain that my mom died yesterday because Bellatrix killed her, and I couldn't do anything to help her. Tears threaten my eyes again.
I tell them how I feel numb, and if I'm not crying I don't feel anything anymore.
I tell them that I need time. I need time to adjust to my new life, I need time to accept the fact that I will never be able to see my mother again, but mainly, I need time to be able to feel things besides sadness again. "What are you doing?" I look up and see Draco walk in with food and water.
"A letter to my friends. Can I use your house owl to sent it?" I ask and he nods. "Of course, here, eat something." He says and he sits down next to me on bed. I take a bite from a sandwich.
"These are delicious." He smiles, takes my head and gives me a kiss on my forehead.
"Thank you." I whisper. "I'll always be on your side, even if that means fighting my father and the Dark Lord." Another tear leaves my eye and he quickly wipes it away.

I managed to take a shower and change my clothes. I'm still wearing his clothes, since I don't have any of mine with me, but at least I changed.
"Draco, I can't stay here, they know I'm here which will only put you and your mother in danger."
I say as I walk out of the bathroom.

"Remember when I left the last time? When my mom took me to that cabin away from here?" I make eye contact with him and he nods, "Your mother is the only one that knows the location, I don't even exactly know it, so I think I have to stay there for a couple days to keep you and Hogwarts out of danger . . . if that's possible." I say the last sentence mainly towards myself.
He nods his head and says, "I'm coming with you."
I can't allow him to come with me, what if they go after his mother next? My life has already fallen apart in such a short time. Everyone I love dies. Flora, my mother, even my father.
I didn't truly love him, but he was still my father.
"Draco you can't, if something happens-" but he cuts me off with, "if something happens, I'm there with you." I walk towards him and sit back down on the bed next to him.
"I can't put you in danger Draco! I can't live with it if something would happen to you, or your mother! She knows the location, what if they'll torture her-" I protest and my eyes fill with tears once again and I let out a loud sigh.
"Why would you do that for me? Put your life on the line?" I ask but something in me tells me I shouldn't have asked it. He puts his hand on my cheek.
"Because I couldn't live with myself if something were to happen to you, I could never forgive myself."
"But what about your mother?" I whisper.
"She will be fine. You saw how she fought her own husband because she knew he was crossing a huge line." He says, and I press my lips against his and nod my head.
"Okay." I whisper.
"Okay." He responds.
I like this Draco. The soft, vulnerable but still brave one. The one that would hide away with me, the one that fights his father for me.

The ball at Hogwarts is next week, and I really want to go, but my mental health goes first.
Before I can even think about having a good time there with my friends, I have to take control over my life again. I need to be able to smile, without faking it. I hope there will still be a ball to attent to, and if there is, we won't have normal lives after that.
The Dark Lord and the Death Eaters are going to strike soon, and we will all go into war.
I can't lose my friends anymore, I've been grieving too many people. I'm just a girl who has lost almost everyone . . .

-=-
Sorry for the short chapter!
There's a lot more to come so stay with me :)