Chapter 27

I slowly open my eyes and get adjusted to the sunlight. It's a beautiful day outside, and today is the day of the dance! Even though I'm going with Jake, I'm really excited to spend the day with my friends! ''Morning!'' I say when I lift myself up and sit against the bedhead.
''What time is it?'' Ginny groans and I chuckle. ''It's 11am Gin.'' I respond and I hear her sigh.
''I'm claiming the shower first.'' I say and get out of bed. I take my sweatpants and a plain t-shirt out of my closet. I'm not wearing the dress until the very last minute, so that I'm sure that I won't destroy it.
I lock the bathroom door and turn on the shower. The hot water feels good on my skin. I wash my hair, my body and I shave my legs. After 15 more minutes, I decide to get out of the shower.
I dry my body, brush my teeth, and put on my clothes.
''Does anyone want something to eat? I'll get some from the kitchen.'' I ask once I walk out of the bathroom. ''Yes! My hero.'' Hermione says and I chuckle.

I walk out of the Common Room and am on my way to the kitchen. The corridors look extra lovely today, the bright morning sun - even though it's almost 12pm - shines beautifully from the outside. I'm surprised when I find the kitchen deserted, but I quickly grab some food and some juice and walk back to the Common Room.
''Excited for the dance?'' I turn around and see Cedric walking behind me. I haven't seen him in ages. ''Hey, Diggory! How are you?'' I stop walking and meet his eyes. ''I'm brilliant, how about you?'' He responds with the same loving smile he always wears. ''I'm good.'' I lie, but I don't want to drag him down into my shit again. ''I should be going, see you tonight.'' I give him a weak smile and turn around the corner.

''I've come with gifts!'' I chuckle when I open the bedroom door. Hermione and Ginny grow smiles on their faces and take some food and juice out of my hand. All three of us sit down on our beds. ''Shall I curl my hair for tonight?'' I ask and take another bite from my food. ''Yes! Definitely!'' Hermione answers and I chuckle. ''Okay!'' I smile and take another bite from my sandwich. The dance starts at 7pm and ends at midnight. It's now 12.30pm and we decide to socialize with our friends in the Common Room.
''Hey Gryffindorks!'' Ginny says when we see Harry, Ron and Logan sitting on the furniture. ''Seriously Weasley? Feet of the table!'' Ginny says and Ron shoots her a nasty look. ''You're a Weasley yourself.'' He scoffs and Hermione and I shoot each other a look, trying to hold in our laughs. ''Yea well, I'm the only one with manners it appears.'' We fail and burst out in laughter.
We sit down on the available chairs and start chatting with our friends. It has been a while since almost all of us sat down and talked with each other. Murphy isn't here again, he's been spending a lot of time with Jaimee, or so I thin, I'm not sure, and I'm happy for him, but I do miss his presence.
''What are you all gossiping about?" George walks in with a grin on his face. ''Multiple things.'' I respond and give him a smile. I was kind of hoping that George would come with some gossip about students or teachers, but unfortunately, he didn't. The Weasley twins always have all the gossip that goes around Hogwarts, and it's quite entertaining.
We chat for another hour before we all part our ways. ''Shall we get ready for the dance?'' I ask once George and Logan leave. ''Already?!'' Ron responds and we look at him unfazed. ''We're girls Ronald, we need the time.'' Hermione responds and I chuckle.
We get up and walk to our dorm. It's 3pm and we have four hours left before the dance starts.
Curling my hair takes up more than an hour if I want it properly done. I know that I can use a spell for my hair and it would be done in less than a minute, but I like to do it the old fashioned way, and have fun with my friends while preparing for a dance.

Ginny straightens her hair and connects small front parts of her hair together behind her head in a braid, and starts working on Hermione's hair. I brush my hair perfectly and start curling it. Hermione's hair will take time, so Ginny helps her.

After a little more than an hour, all three of us have finished our hair perfectly for the dance.
''Roomservice!'' A knock on the door stops us from getting ready. ''Come in!'' I raise my voice once the girls have agreed, and Logan walks in. ''I brought dinner, it's not much, but knowing girls, I figured dinner wasn't on your minds this evening.'' We chuckle and Logan closes the door behind him. He brought three plates with some food and three bottles of water. ''Thank you!'' Hermione gets up and gives us a plate and a bottle of water. ''How thoughtful Blake.'' I meet his eyes and chuckle. ''Yeah well, don't get used to it.'' He winks at me and I roll my eyes. He leaves our dorm again, and we take a break and eat our dinner.
Logan filled our plates with bacon and steak. When we have dinner in the Great Hall, all the tables are filled with loads of food, and their bacon and steak are delicious, so this was a good choice Logan made.