Chapter 26

I finally wake up, and I haven't slept this good in a while. The birds are faint outside, the sun lights up the room and I turn around, only to find the right side of the bed empty.
What time is it? The Hogwarts Express leaves at 12pm and we can't miss it this time.
I get out of bed and check the time. Shit. It's 10am, and we have to be at platform 9 3/4 in two hours. It's a 15-minute drive and I want to be on time.
I quickly take some clothes out of my suitcase and get into the shower. The hot water feels really good on my body, especially after what happened in the forest.
I get out of the shower and dry my body. I put on my plain black jeans and my long sleeve green crop top. I almost never wear this top, but I should wear it more often, I like it.
I put on some basic makeup, blowdry my hair and get out of the bathroom.
Okay, it's 10.30am now, I took a little longer than I expected but I'll be fine.
Why did Draco let me sleep, dammit.
I get downstairs and see him talking with his mother . . . and Harry. I frown, but I also smile. He's actually having a conversation with Harry? Draco Malfoy and Harry Potter and having a conversation. ''I never thought I'd see the day.'' I grin as I walk into the kitchen. ''Very funny.'' Draco responds and rolls his eyes, I chuckle.
''Do you want breakfast ma'am?'' Everly asks me and I meet her eyes. ''Yes that would be lovely, thank you.'' I give her a warm smile and sit down next to Draco.
''What are we talking about?'' I ask and look at them. ''Nothing important love.'' He gives me a smile, but I know he's lying. I return the smile and decide to let it slip for now. I don't want to push anyone. ''At what time are we leaving?'' I ask and take another bite from my sandwich. ''We can leave at 11am if you'd like to be on time.'' Narcissa meets my eyes and I give her a grateful smile. ''That's perfect, thank you.''

I finish my breakfast and head upstairs to gather my stuff. I double-check the clothes I took out of the suitcase, to make sure they're back in there, and I zip it up.
''Do you have everything?'' Draco asks when he opens the bedroom door. I nod my head and give him a smile. I pick up the suitcases and we leave his bedroom.
Today is the day. I'm going to tell my friends about everything, and pray that they'll understand and love me still. I know Harry does, because he experienced what happened, so he knows about me and my parents, and he still hangs out with me. ''Harry?'' I ask when he leaves the guest bedroom. ''Do you think they'll still love me? My friends, I mean, after I tell them everything.'' I say with a little hesitation in my voice. ''Yes of course! They love you a lot, and this won't change anything I promise.'' He responds and I let go of a relieved sigh. ''Thank you.'' I say as I give him a hug. ''We've got to go, come on.'' Draco says and I look at him. His jaw is clenched and I see a hint of jealousy on his face. ''Jealous Malfoy?'' I grin and he rolls his eyes. ''Shut it Bright.'' I chuckle and grab his arm. ''Let's go.'' I smile to myself and walk downstairs with the boys. ''Is everyone ready to go?'' Narcissa asks when we walk into the hallway. We all nod and I give her a warm smile. ''See you later Everly!'' I say goodbye to the elf as we leave the house and she gives me a genuine smile.

We put our suitcases in the trunk and get into the car, ready for another time at Hogwarts. Whenever I got on the Hogwarts Express, I used to love it, and be ready for another year at Hogwarts, but lately, I don't know how long I'll be there before I leave again, or before it gets destroyed.
I softly sigh but shove the thoughts away. ''Tell me something fun.'' I ask Draco when I take his hand to play with his rings again. ''Mom, remember Montana?'' He asks and I look up at him. ''You went there?'' I ask and a smile grows on my face. ''Tell me everything, it's gorgeous there!'' I say excited and I'm now smiling from ear to ear. I'd love to travel the world and see every beautiful place that exists, and Montana is one of them.
He chuckles but starts telling the story. I lean back against him and continue playing with his rings. He tells me that he went there with his mother, and only his mother when he was in his third year. His father never went on trips with them, but he doesn't get into his father. He tells me that they went canoeing and hiking. My eyes widen and my smile grows bigger.
I love hearing him talk about this. He seems happy, or at least happy to think about the memories. He talks more about the weather there, and the water and every detail he can remember. I chuckle at myself and look up at him.
He meets my eyes and he smiles at me. I lift my head and plant a kiss on his mouth.