Chapter 11

-= Draco's POV =-

I wake up earlier than Venus and watch her sleep peacefully for a while. The sun had just risen, and today is going to be very hectic, especially for her.
I'm positive my parents are already making the house look nice for Him and the Death Eaters, god I hate what my parents are, and I hate that Venus has to go through this too.
Something changed in me. I never would have thought to care about a girl, the way I care about her.
All those girls I've hooked up with, they were all nothing, and I did it because I was bored, but with her, It's different. This also came so fast and as such a surprise, I found myself caring for her after we spend time together at the Astronomy Tower, and it only grew stronger.
I honestly have no idea what she made of me, but every time I'm with her, I feel . . . happy. I don't deserve her, I know I don't. I'm going to make a mistake and she'll leave me, just like everyone else does, but I want her, and I think I need her.
I take a piece of hair out of her face, and tuck it behind her ear. If I don't wake her now, we'll be late to the gathering downstairs, and no matter how brave you are, you don't want to be late for the Dark Lord.

"Good morning." I whisper.
She slowly opens her eyes and turns her head to face me. "What time is it?" She groans and I chuckle.
"It's 8am, but we have to get ready for-" I stop mid sentence, I don't want her day to start with him.
She sighs. "I know."
"I almost forgot to tell you, but my parents are hosting a Christmas Party in two days." I say to her as she gets out of bed.
"I didn't pack a dress." She replies, and I chuckle at the fact that her clothing, is the first thing she talks about. "I'll get you one." I say and get up.
I have the perfect dress in mind, and I'm sure she'll love it.

I hop into the bathroom and take a quick shower. My mother told me to dress to the occasion, so I decide on wearing black jeans with a button up black shirt.
Venus claims the bathroom the second I step out of it. She smiles at me and I chuckle.

-= Venus' POV =-

I get into the shower and mentally prepare myself for whatever is going to happen downstairs.
Whatever it is, it's not good at all, and I'm afraid my dad may force me to do something, just as he forced my mom all those years ago.
I can't start my day like this and quickly think about something else. My mind hops to him, and his perfect clothing. Of course it does, and I roll my eyes at myself. He looks so perfect, with his messy damp hair, and his formal clothing. What are you doing Venus. I sigh and get out of the shower.
I dry my body and reach for my clothes, which I obviously forgot to grab. Today has not a good start.
I get out of the bathroom with the towel around my body, and am kind of relieved that I don't see Draco.
I reach for the drawer and grab plain black jeans, when I see a black dress under it. My mom obviously put that in there. I sigh and take it out. It's nothing special, just a normal black dress with thick straps.
I scuff, but let out a chuckle.

The door opens and I freeze on the spot. Please be Draco, Please be Draco. And I'm once again relieved that I see Draco closing the door.
"Oh I'm sorry, I thought-" he begins to talk but I interrupt him. "It's fine, I forgot my clothes." I reply and chuckle at myself. I catch him still staring at me once I gathered my clothes, and a smile creeps on my face. "I'll be fast." I yell over my shoulder as I lock the bathroom door again.

After 20 more minutes in the bathroom, I have finally put on some basic make-up and got dressed. I open the bathroom door and hurry out of it, putting my dirty clothes on a pile so I can wash them later.
"Let's go, we'll be late." I say and walk towards the door, but he doesn't follow.
I turn around and meet his eyes. "What's wrong?" I ask but he shakes his head. "Uhm, nothing, you look . . . nice." He says and I smile. "Thanks." I respond and open the door, gesturing him to follow me.