Chapter 11: Nate

"Got a hot date?" I looked up to see Brooks smirking at me as I dry my hair with a towel. "Nah, dude. Just needed a hot shower and didn't wanna have to deal with all the other fuckers trying to get in the bathroom."

He shrugs, walking over to the fridge to grab a drink. "Nate you know it's not an issue. That's why you have a key, I was just asking because you're wearing your nice jeans." I look down at said jeans laughing at myself. He's right. Every time I have a date or I'm planning on hooking up with a girl I bring out these jeans. They're like my lucky charm. And I put them on without even realizing. Shit! What the fuck does that mean? I'm only going to Savvy's to hang out. To talk. To make a pact. The pact that I've been thinking about constantly. I don't know what I'm going to do if she doesn't agree.

I glance down at my jeans again before looking back at Brooks, "Should I change?" His eyes narrow at me before he starts laughing. "Oh, shit. Who is she?"

"What?" My confusion only makes him laugh harder. "Nate. When have you ever asked me if you should change your clothes? I mentioned your jeans and you became all flustered as if you didn't want to give this girl the wrong impression. You like her. Like, really like her. Who is she?"

My eyes go wide for a split second and I hope that Brooks didn't notice. Is he right? Is that what happened? I got flustered? "It's not like that. Who even says I'm going to see a chick?"

"Mhmm." Brooks chuckles to himself before picking up his phone, glancing down at the screen. Speaking of girls, "So, how's Letty?" His eyes shoot up to mine, "Nuh-uh, don't fucking turn this on me." I chuckle, grabbing a water from his fridge. We banter for a little while longer before I realize that it's getting late. I head into the guest room - which, lets face it, is really just my room now considering I stay here more then at the frat house. Or, at least I did in the past. Not so much lately with everything going on with Savvy. But it's no time to think about that- and throw on a gray T-Shirt. I let my mangey hair air dry, throw on some deodorant, grab my phone and keys and head out the door to my girls house.

My girl?

No. no. Savvy's house. My friends house.

I shake my head to get my thoughts in order. What the fuck is going on up there?

On the drive to her apartment my mind raced with thoughts of my beautiful friend. Is her hair going to be up in a bun, or down and flowy? Will she be wearing her glasses that no one knows about because she's been reading or doing homework? Will she be wearing pjs, the cute unicorn ones that have become my favorite because they look sexy as hell on her? Dressed in lounge clothes looking sexy as hell for not wanting to try or dressed casually as if she went out to class? The second I park it takes me a few minutes to gather myself before knocking on her door.

My heart skips a beat when I hear her pad over and the lock clicks. Fuck I feel like a teenager waiting to see his first crush and I don't know if I like it. Savvy opens the door smiling at me as I hold up a bottle of wine for her. "I just might keep you Nathaniel Burrows." She takes the wine as I walk inside, "What makes you think you have a choice in the matter Savannah George?" She smirks at me, shaking her head and warmth floods my chest. I don't know what this feeling is or what the hell she's doing to me but damn, I think I'd do just about anything to make this girl smile for me.

Savvy pulls out some wine glasses and throws some takeout menus at me across the kitchen counter. I scan through them before gesturing to a Mexican takeout place, raising my eyebrow in question. "Ooh, yesssss. I'd love some chicken flautas, fried rice, chips and salsa. Maybe an enchilada. No, I want their fried ice cream! Yes! Wait, do you think it'll melt by the time it gets here? Hmm, maybe I should order something else?"

I laugh, staring at her in amusement, "So, you want the whole menu then?" She laughs, shaking her head. "Maybe not the whole menu but at least half of it," she smirks at me and I have to bite my lip. The urge to kiss her has come on strong and it needs to go away. Instead I try my best to distract myself by picking on her. "Where does it all go?" I make a point at scanning her body up and down but fuck it was a mistake because damn, she's so fucking sexy. I stifle a small groan. Toned and lean. Nothing but legs, this girl is amazing. My question was meant to be a tease but I'm honestly curious as to how this girl can eat so much. She looks like she works out constantly and weighs nothing more than a feather.

"Didn't your mother ever teach you never to ask a girls weight? Let alone make comments about her body. Jerk." I'm about to defend myself when I see her eyes light up with mischief and her small grin breaks through. She's messing with me.

I shake my head, "All I'm saying is, is that every time I'm with you you eat just like one of the guys on the team but you look like you're the type of girl to cut her burger into fours and only eat one quarter. It's not a bad thing, it's just surprising is all." Savvy smiles, walking into the living room. She shrugs as she sits down, "I don't know. I've always been skinny. Always had a giant appetite. I barely ever work out, it's so exhausting. I'll do some yoga here and there and I guess dancing is a workout when I go out with Letty or to some parties but other then that I'm mostly a couch potato. Gimme a book or some Netflix and food and I won't leave the apartment for months. Or at least until I have class." I laugh. Thinking back to her in her glasses perched on her head and how beautiful she would look reading a book, lost in the words while relaxing on the couch. The way the sun would shine on her light brown hair, the way the golden specks in her eyes would sparkle.

I must have been staring at her for too long because when I come to Savvy is looking at me with narrowed eyes and a cocked head. "What?"

"Don't what me. Why are you staring at me like that?"

"Like what?" I try to play coy but she just rolls her eyes, placing her wine down on the coffee table and crossing her arms as she leans back into the couch. Her feet are flat on the couch, her legs bent while she faces me and I smirk grabbing her legs and trapping them with my arms. She tenses, squealing a little before shoving me in the arm. I chuckle, throwing her legs over my thighs and holding them there. "So, do you want to order some food and watch some more Sex Education?" My fingers run up and down her legs and I can feel the moment that she tenses but she tries to hide it on her face. What is she thinking? Is this okay? Am I not supposed to be doing this?

Savvy smiles at me grabbing the remote and throwing me the menu I had placed on the table. "You order. I'll put on the show." I give her a salute to which she rolls her eyes and I place the order. The second I hang up, which I'm sure the restaurant thinks there's a party of ten here instead of just the two of us, Savvy says, "Oh. And I'm paying, so piss off!" I laugh, "Piss off? You're watching too many English shows. Come back to America where we make up our own words and meanings even when they sound like complete shit."

She laughs and I can feel her entire body vibrate. It sends chills down my spine and I instinctively pull her legs closer to me, craving her. "Nooooo. I love the phrases from other countries! Like how in Outlander they call kids 'bairn'. Scottish lingo. I love it! Or how people in UK throw around the word 'twat' like it's no big deal! I fucking love that! I'm gonna call everyone a twat. Don't be a twat Nathaniel." We both laugh. I shake my head, thinking back to some of the phrases I've heard watching tv.

"I mean, I guess I have to kind of agree with you there. I love how they call potato chips 'crisps' and fries 'chips'. It's a little confusing but still cool. My dad is starting to do it and it makes me laugh. I was on the phone with him the other night and he said 'that's bloody good to hear, Nate. Hold on a bloody moment Dan's calling in the background.' I burst out laughing when he came back because it sounds so ridiculous coming from someone with a New York accent but what are you gonna do? I guess he's been there long enough that he's bound to pick up their accent before long."

Her brown eyes meet mine, "Your dad's overseas?" Shit! I didn't mean to mention him at all. Fuck. I didn't want to talk about family tonight. I clear my throat, "Yeah. He's in London." Savvy stares at me for a few moments, searching my eyes before nodding. "So, are we going to talk about this pact now or later?" I smile at her change of subject. It's like she knew I didn't want to discuss anything about my dad. "We can wait until the food comes." I grin and she nods putting on the tv. And now it's just a waiting game.