Chapter 4: Nate

"Ughh. I don't want Maeve with Jackson." Savvy grunts and I turn, watching her growl at the TV. "You do realize it's a Netflix show right?" If looks could kill, I'd be dead right now by the way I'm being glared at. "Okay. Fine. Who do you want Maeve with?"

"Otis, obviously!"

"How is that obvious? He's a puny little kid who's still a virgin and he's obviously got a huge crush on her but he's too chicken shit to admit it!"

"You're telling me that you've told every girl you've ever liked that you had a crush on them?"

"Ye-"

"No lying. Remember?"

I let out a huff, "Yeah. Okay. No, I haven't."

"See! And I mean come on! They're like best friends now and have so much chemistry! They just need to get together already! Ugh!"

I laugh at her outrage. We're about ten shots deep in tequila but I have a feeling this is what Savannah is like even without alcohol. I stare at her for a minute, basking in the gorgeous girl who's sitting next to me. I have so many questions I want to know. Without another thought they begin to fall out. At least I can blame it on the alcohol.

"So what's with the nickname thing?"

"Nickname thing?"

"Yeah. You know. You like to be called Savvy and Scarlett likes to be called Letty. Whats with it?"

She looks down for a second, playing it off by grabbing her wine from coffee table and taking a sip. "Okay, well, if we're guna go down this question route then I have another rule."

"Of course you do," I roll my eyes, "what is it?"

"What happens between us, what we talk about, what we do, everything....it stays between us and only us. Got it?"

I stare into her eyes, searching for something...a clue maybe as to why she wants it all to be a secret but I don't find anything. I nod, "Yeah. Okay. It stays between us." Savvy boss, letting out a breath, "Letty doesn't like to be called Scarlett because the last people who called her that was her family. They all died a long time ago, so I guess when someone calls her Scarlett it just brings up painful memories." I nod my head and slightly wince at the thought of Brooks calling her Scarlett not too long ago. "And you?"

Another breath before she shrugs, "I don't know. I guess for me anytime someone calls me Savannah I feel like I'm in trouble. Like I'm about to be yelled at and I hate it." I chuckle, understanding exactly what she means but Savvy only gives me a shy smile and I narrow my eyes at her. She's hiding something but I just don't know what. She clears her throat, "What's your favorite color?"

"Green, yours?"

"Purple."

"What's your favorite sex position?"

At that Savvy spits out her wine and stars choking. I can't help my wolffish grin. Yeah, I figured that'd throw her. "Um. We're not going into that right now, it's only our first time hanging out."

"And it won't be our last," I wink at her. She shakes her head smiling. "Mmm. Yeah, I think I can handle some more hang out sessions with you." I chuckle, "Mhmm, it's cute you trying to play off how amazingly fun I am." She laughs which only makes me smile. This girl is so gorgeous and she doesn't even know it. Whoa, where did that come from?

"Well, it's getting pretty late and I have class tomorrow." I nod, watching as Savvy turns off the TV. I help her clean up before she walks me to the door. "So, when are you free next?"

"You work fast, huh?" She lets out a breathy chuckle. "Only when I want something." I smile at her. Her eyes meet mine and it's like nothing I've ever felt before. In this moment it's only her and I. Nothing else exists and I'm so lost in her. What the hell is this feeling?

"And what is it that you want, Nathaniel?" Her voice is soft. Barely above a whisper but I hear it and I wince at my full name, coming out of my trance. "I want to spend more time with you, Savvy. I want us to be...friends." She laughs, shaking her head and looking down to avoid my eyes. "Friends," she whispers, looking back up at me she smiles, "Yeah. I can do that."

"Good," My smile is so wide I swear it takes up my entire face, "Now when are you free next? Tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Yeah. Are you free?"

"You're not sick of me after tonight?" She laughs out. I shake my head as he lets out a defeated huff. "Alright. I'm free tomorrow after seven but fair warning you're going to be hating yourself for hanging out with me two days in a row. You're gonna get sick of me, I promise you that."

"Yeah. We'll see." I smile at her, walking backward out of the door, "see you tomorrow night, Savvy."

"Bring wine! Or soda! And snack! Bring snacks!" I laugh at her calling out of the doorway, "Jesus, woman, do you want me to bring my whole damn refrigerator?"

"I don't think you'd be able to carry it." I laugh harder, shaking my head as I wave her goodbye. This girl has got me feeling things I've never felt before and I've only spent one day with her. I need more of it. Of this feeling. And if she's the key to it then I'm going to spend as much time as I can with her.

I hop in my truck, starting the engine and reaching for my phone when I hear it vibrate. I open the text and smile down at my phone shaking my head.

Savvy: See you tomorrow, stud. Be prepared for an endless amount of questions THAT YOU WILL ANSWER! Then you'll be sorry you wanted to hang out two days in a row. :)

I laughed and shot out a quick reply.

Me: Oh I'm prepared alright. You better be prepared! And I'll never be sorry. Ever. ;)