Chapter 24: Nate

We ate our meals, asked each other all of the questions we were dying to know that we hadn't gotten the answers to yet-found out Savvy was a virgin and almost died choking on my spaghetti, this girl wasn't real- and laughed until we cried over dessert. It was a perfect evening but now as I stand behind her, walking her to her door, my heart is racing so fast I have no idea what to do. With a normal date, I would kiss the girl goodbye at her door step. Make plans to take her out again if we had an amazing time-and fuck, did we have an amazing time- but Savvy isn't just some girl. She's become my best friend. My best girl friend and I have no idea if I can kiss her. If I should kiss her.

The second we reach her door, I fidget like crazy. I'm shifting on my feet, twiddling my hands, looking anywhere but at her face. What the fuck dude, keep it together! I haven't liked a girl in a while, haven't had a connection with someone for what feels like an eternity but with Savvy it just comes naturally. I can't get her out of my head, not that I want to but I don't want to do anything to mess this up. Mess us up.

"Well, thank you for the uh..." she looks down, letting her sentence trail off.

"The date." I fill in for her. Her brows fly up to meet my grays, and I watch as her throat bobs on a swallow, "Yeah. Thanks for the date. It was amazing and enlightening. I'm much more equipped to help you find a relationship now...I mean...if that's what you still want. Of course I still have to help you find another girl to be friends with because it can't just be me. I think we should find you at least two more girl friends...you know...girls to be friends with. Strictly platonic before we find you a girlfriend for a relationship...don't you agree?" I'm pretty sure my grin is taking up my entire face at her flustered babbling.

I nod, "Okay. Whatever you say, princess." My eyes are filled with amusement as I watch her give me a sharp nod before turning halfway to her door. Unlocking it, I see her hesitate a few time before sticking the key in and then again before turning the nob. She's waiting for something and I think I know exactly what it is. She turns slightly, glancing at me over her shoulder, "Alright, well, text me I guess. Thank you again for-"

"Sav?"

"Hmm?" She turns around fully to look at me and I smile, leaning in. I cup her cheek with mine, leaning down slowly, I say, "Stop talking." My lips meet hers and fireworks go off. Spots flutter under my eyelids as her mouth moves on mine. Her plump lips taste like cinnamon and I can't get enough. I part my lips, wanting to taste more of her and when I slip my tongue in her mouth she lets out a little moan, throwing her arms around my neck. My hand slips through her hair, gripping the back of her head to tilt her head just slightly to the side so I can deepen the kiss and I groan at the new angle.

When I start to feel the bulge in my pants rise, I know it's time to pull away. I can't take this too far. I won't. Savvy's different and I'm not risking us. Not until I know for sure what my feelings are. What her feelings are. I slowly pull away, resting my forehead on hers. My breathing shallowed and heavy, mixing with her warm pants. "Thank you, for tonight. I had an amazing time. I loved it. Every second of it." I stare into her eyes as she swallows and breaths out, "me too." I smile, kiss her lightly and then pull away. " I need to go now before this goes too far, okay? I'll see you at Brooks for our Christmas thing right?"

Savvy swallows again, her back up against her door, "Mhmm. Okay. Yeah. Yes. I will see you at Brooks' and I'll text you later, okay?"

"Looking forward to it," I smile and turn to leave. For the rest of the night and the rest of the week nothing but Savvy and her luscious lips filled my mind. I couldn't wait to see her again, to be near her again and Christmas couldn't come soon enough.

...

"Oh my God, you guys are amazing!" Savvy and Letty have been gushing over the little spread Brooks and I decided to concoct for our Christmas celebration with them.