Chapter 34: Nate

When I woke up to see Savannah's face it was like everything in the world just came together. Everything fit. Things were the way they were supposed to be. My best friend was back. The girl I had fallen for was back in my life. But these past few days after waking up have been...weird. Savvy's been checking on me everyday. The doctor cleared me two days after I woke up. They released me and I've been at Brooks' place ever since because no one seems to want to let me out of their sight. Brooks hasn't been around much and I figured it was because him and Letty were back on track and I thought I'd enjoy it more because I've been seeing Sav every day. We've been hanging out like we used to but its...different.

I know she's a bit stressed about the new semester but she just seems...off. For instance, I tried to bring her feet up on my legs last night when we were watching a movie and she was so tense it was like if I made a slight move she would break. She kept randomly looking over at me like she wanted to say something but the moment I would look back she avoided my eyes like the plague.

We're currently eating pizza on my bed, watching Netflix when I finally break the silence. "My dad is coming in this week. I know classes start back up but I was wondering if you would maybe want to come out to dinner with us? Meet him?" She stops mid chew to slowly look at me before nodding and then chewing quickly to swallow. "Yeah. Um. Sure. We can do that. Yeah. I'll be there. Just let me know when."

I let out a sigh and push the pizza out of the way, Sav looks at the food and then back to me, "Okay, enough. What in the hell is going on? I know the accident must have scared you but I'm right here. I'm here and I'm okay."

"I know," she lets out a sigh and looks down. I grasp her chin lightly and pull her face up to meet mine.

"Talk to me, princess. What's going through that head of yours?" She clenches her eyes shut and dread fills my entire body. Oh, shit. Did I just make a huge mistake? Am I pushing her too hard? Is she going to say we can't be friends? No. Fuck. No. I need her in my life. I won't let her push me away. Before I can open my mouth Savvy says, "I think we should make a new pact."

"Um...what?" My eyebrow quirks up and I'm staring at her like she's got two heads.

She clears her throat. "I think we should make a new pact. I mean, we basically finished the old one."

"Um, okay?"

"I mean, I'm your friend who's a girl and I got my orgasms so neither of us have to get our tattoos, so I think we should start a new pact."

I don't even want to bring up how we pretty much broke the pact because I technically lied to her and I didn't get a girlfriend. So instead I clear my throat and nod.

Sav lets out a breath before nodding, "Okay, so I think we need to make a friendship pact. That no matter what happens. Between us or anything or anyone else, that we will always, always, at least be friends." She looks up and I see tears begin to form in her eyes. I've never seen her so upset. I lean over, grabbing her tiny body and hurling her into mine, holding her tight to me in a hug and kissing the top of her head. "We will always be friends Savannah. No matter what. I need you in my life, princess. Always."

She lets out a deep breath and I feel her tears soak my shirt. I hold on to her for what feels like forever before she begins to pull away. "Okay," she nods, "I just needed to make sure because what all of this has taught me, is that I don't want to lose you Nate. I can't."

"I feel the same way, Savvy." I stare deep into her caramel eyes, hoping and praying that she can read between the lines. It's too early to tell her how I feel. I need to be sure that she doesn't think it's just because I had my accident and not because it's how I actually feel.

We stare at each other for a while before we lean back on the bed and I hold her as tight as I can with my casted arm. "I'm so glad you're okay." She whispers into my chest and I kiss her head, lingering there for a moment so I can commit the scent of her hair into my memory. "Me too, baby. Me too."

Savvy and I ended up falling asleep that night. Her splayed across my chest and my arms draped around her body and when I woke up I realized that I didn't want to wake up any other way for the rest of my life. I never thought I'd feel this way but then fate, destiny or a stupid fucking game brought her into my life and now I can't imagine it without her. Life showed me what I was missing and I don't ever want to go back there. It happened once and it almost broke me. I was so distracted without her, so broken, that I had my accident which wouldn't have happened if my head was in the right space.

I stared at the beautiful girl in my arms for a few minutes before getting the courage to make sure things are truly fixed between us. I leaned down and kissed her on the forehead. Breathing her scent in before smiling when she stirred. Her eyes blinked awake and my grin grew at the sight of my beautiful princess. She's something else.

"I need to talk to you," I whisper as I look down into her gorgeous, sleep ridden eyes. "Right now?" her sleep filled, hoarse voice asks.

I nod, smiling as I watch her stretch out her body. I'm itching to touch her. To hear her tiny gasps. See her wither underneath me and drown in her whimpers and moans but I need to stay focused. I need to make sure we're okay and that we start moving forward.

Sav lets out a breath before popping her head on her hand. "Okay, what about?"

I stare deep into her eyes, my grays flicking back and forth between her golden ones. I drag my bottom lip between my teeth, trying to find a way to just let it out. Her eyes drift down and watch the movement and I let out a small groan when I see her tongue peek out and wet her plump lips. Her eyes shift back to mine and that's when I finally say, "About us."

The Pact  (Sterling U: book 2)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें